Why Are More JWs Claiming to be Anointed?

by Ding 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Most JWs I know claim they are happy being in the great crowd.

They'd rather live on a paradise earth and pet lions than go to heaven.

Heaven is a place they can't relate to, a place where they don't expect their friends and loved ones to be.

So why are more and more JWs claiming to be of the anointed?

Aren't they looked down upon as if they are crazy, proud, ignorant, or engaging in apostate thinking?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Because you have to be just a bit loony to belong to such a cult to begin with, so being among the special bunch that will be privileged to live in heaven are whatever sounds mighty good to folks that are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Most likely because they are being "called" by Jehovah; the eleventh hour workers. (Matt. 20:9)

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Most likely because they are being "called" by Jehovah; the eleventh hour workers. (Matt. 20:9)

So said those in the 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s, and will probably continue repeating for many more decades.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Ego, cliques and mental illness contribute to the annointed thingie. JW's have a narcissistic breeding ground and some egos take the narcissism to a much more extreme level. Narcissistic mentality believes everyone else is wrong and they are right. They refuse to question themselves or self-examine and instead condem the rest of the world to death. Malignant narcissim at it's finest. So when you have inside JW's thinking they are better than the rank and file JW's, and you can pretty much just self endorse yourself on it, you'll have a lot of egos inflating.

Also, keep in mind that JW elders are complicit in criminal behavior in many areas of the world, when they follow the 2 witness rule for child sex abuse. While some jump on the pedophile bandwagon when seeing molestation go on in their hall and the 2 witness rule making it easy to molest, others may hate such things and hate being forced to enforce such a 2 witness rule. So they try to work these things in their head and being "annointed" can help them feel absolved of responsibility of being part of the enabling process of child sexual abuse within Watchtower, JW.org.

Others , such as JW women, may feel low self esteem and this could be a way to be special, although the curious thing is that the JW's call their annointed looney.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Nuts

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Seriously, because they're BORED!! Woman can join men, both can feel SPECIAL and NOBODY can stop them!!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I've only known one of the "newly anointed" so this experience is purely anecdotal. This would've been about 5 years ago, I think - there was a kid that was about 19-20 that partook. One of those zealots that put on a constant show of how holy he was - really terrible to be around. Full of himself and how great he was. He was also one of the least intelligent people in the congregation and was very sheltered from the world.

The cynical side of me also thinks that at least a portion of the newly anointed are doing it mostly out of ambition, since it can definitely help you move up the ladder if you play your cards right.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Ding ยป They'd rather live on a paradise earth and pet lions than go to heaven.

Well, after the first few trillion years, petting lions could get to be a bore. In fact, just about everything would get to be a bore! If one goes to heaven, one can turn their bodies to energy and span the cosmos and visit all sorts of strange new worlds, learning all the secrets of the Universe.

If one goes to Paradise Earth, one is limited to a mundane existence. Family get-togethers, vegetarian meals with all the tofu you can eat, meetings and petting all the animals you want. You can paint vivid sunsets (or sunrises), play musical instruments, attend more meetings and did I leave anything out. You might even be able to grow beards and plants.

Nah, I can see why people would want to be in Heaven.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I agree to all of the above.

Adults don't believe in Santa Claus... But will believe some psychopathic men in New York tell them if they jump threw all of these hoops for them... They will gua-ran-tee you are going to live for-ever (which no one does) on a beautiful earth AND... people line up to jump threw those hoops! Really quite amazing just how naive humans can be.

AND, in this same package of supposed delights... If you really want to appear extra Holy, tell them God told you he has a special seat in heaven waiting just for you! Now that should get you special treatment at the kingdom hall. Once a year you get to eat 1 cent worth of dry crackers and a 25 cent sip of red wine.

Some people will do anything for attention AND a free lunch. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit