The Fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity

by ILoveTTATT2 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Organized religion is a mixture of human ignorance, lies, a vehicle toward self empowerment, prejudice and sprinkled with some social desirable goodness.

They are all composed in variation to those elements .

One thing they have in common is that were all devised mostly by men for better or worse and rooted in ancient spiritualism.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    Crofty feel free to check out the historical links yourself.
  • TD
    TD

I would argue that racial Antisemitism has its roots in the religious Anti-Judaism which predates the enlightenment by many centuries.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Wow Anna M that was some smorgasbord of random historical links.

😂😂😂

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

TD even what you are calling the Englightenment has its roots in something older than Madam de Pompadour and her associated philosphers. It comes from belief in the Golden Age and ideas about Utopia.

But I appreciate you hold a different view. So if you want to investigate further, its up to you. If not. Ok.

• cofty
    cofty

Anna I don't need to check out the links I'm familiar with the subject. I just disagree with the way you have randomly joined the dots to make a picture of your own fancy.

• TD
    TD
    So if you want to investigate further, its up to you

I have to admit I'm perplexed by the fixation on philosophy at the expense of the scientific innovation of people like Newton and Galileo and more specifically, the fixation on Voltaire at the expense of people like Spinoza and Kant, but we all have our own areas of interest.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

TD if Kant etc is your thing you are in the same area. I just didn't bother to cover that in the short few lines I wrote.

Crofty its a steer, an overview. If you perceive it as random dots, ok I understand why you might say that. I appreciate that you have your own view and I respect that our views are different.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TD - "I would argue that racial Antisemitism has its roots in the religious Anti-Judaism..."

Agreed.

One of the things that I was very surprised to learn recently was that historic Judaism didn't necessarily view Genesis as factual, literal history.

More and more dominant elements of Christianity did, however (for cosmetological reasons), and I suspect that its leaders - knowing this - began to cast Jews (and by extension, Judaism) in a negative light to keep their subjects from learning this.

After all, if they associated with Jews, learned a bit of their traditions and theology, and subsequently realized that the actual Old Testament authors themselves didn't view their writings as infallible or "set in stone", it couldn't help but undermine the Church's authority in their eyes.

I could be wrong.

• TD
    TD

Anna,

As a Jewish person, I find Spinoza far more palatable than Voltaire, Kant or Hume.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit