by ILoveTTATT2 80 Replies latest jw friends

• theone
    theone

I dont think religion is something to fight about

I think every man should have the right to worship his own religion

• cofty
    cofty

So do I. Why do majority Muslim states kill their apostates?

Why does the quran teach that non-Muslims will burn in hell?

But whoever opposes the Messenger, after guidance has been made clear to him, and follows a way other than that of the believers, We shall leave him on [the path] he has taken, and We shall cause him to burn in Hell—what an evil journey’s end! (4:115)

• Simon
    Simon

Mohammed was a pedophile psychopath. Islam is a shit stain on humanity. Anyone trying to con people that islam is "peaceful" is a lying cunt.

The difference between Islam and Christianity is that Muslims murdering people are following their religion whereas Christians murdering people are going against the fundamental teachings the bible contains.

While Christianity has had a bloody path, it wasn't really Christianity - it was control of the people through use of the bible, which they weren't allowed to read for themselves, for political purposes and power and control. Kind of like "the religion of peace" (vomit) is today.

The biggest difference that makes one dangerous and the other less so though is that Christians believe their god is the one that will do any "smiting", whereas Muslims believe their god demands that they do it.

• Simon
    Simon

Only if it doesn't impinge upon others or cause them harm.

Sorry, Islam isn't a religion - it's a mental disease that needs to be eradicated from the world.

• TD
    TD
    I don't know of any Christian religion that wishes to follow the following Bible texts literally:

That's because both Christianity and Judaism experienced this thing called the enlightenment during roughly the 17th through 19th centuries.

Concepts such as the primacy of reason, liberty, progress, toleration, fraternity, constitutional government and separation of church and state emerged and crystallized.

Islam did not get that memo

• Simon
    Simon
    And you cannot compare Muhhamed to Hitler.

Islam fought on the side of the Nazis though. After WWII, many Nazis were given sanctuary in Muslim countries.

Both are a bunch of fanatical anti-semitic ass-wipes.

I think we can definitely compare the spawn of yo-ham-head with ole Adolphus.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mainstream Judaism and Christianity have had the age and experience to reach the point where they've accepted and acknowledged that they simply cannot take everything in their scriptures 100% literally.

Islam isn't quite there, yet.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

TD - Enlightenment started by Voltaire (plus some). Voltaire influence Fredrick the Great, Hilter looked up to Fredrick the Great. Voltaire as a philosopher was supported by the purse of Madam de Pompadour, mistress to the French King. She supported the philosphers because the French Queen was supported by the clergy.

It was all about looking to the doctrines of the East rather than to the doctrines in the Bible and the accounts of the patriarchs. The Orient had no tradition of the patriarchs. The problem as far as Voltaire was concerned was that all knowledge of the patriachs inevitably lead to Jesus Christ, therefore Jewish history should not be taught.

This is the root of anti-semitism. The liberty spoken of is really libertinism. The progress is what Joseph Rutherford heralded as the sign of Christ's presence, like electricity and cream separators. You find a lot of this spoken about by Emerson, Colridge, Wordsworth, Shelley, Byron. The dawning of golden age when things get back to how it was in Athena's day (ie Greek gods - before the flood - Atlantis).

All the false teachings of the WT have their roots in theo sufism, sufism is a mystic form of Islam.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Mohammed was a pedophile psychopath. Islam is a shit stain on humanity. Anyone trying to con people that islam is "peaceful" is a lying cunt.

One thing we know for sure, Simon is not pulling any punches. Good lord.

• cofty
    cofty

Wow Anna M that was some smorgasbord of random historical links.

For a more sober evaluation of the history and consequences of the Enlightenment see The Dream of Enlightenment by Anthony Gottlieb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit