Did you participate in a Drama?

by Hecce 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

When I was a teenager my parents were in a drama, they may have played a friendly modern day circuit overseer and his wife (which wasn't far off the mark from their real lives). I was not included. I went to several rehearsals and helped my parents practice their arm waving. They have always said it was a mixed blessing. On one hand it was something different and exciting but on the other hand it was stressful and time consuming.

• Hecce
    Hecce

TheListener

That was the drama environment for the majority of the participants.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hecce, I think you're right. Everyone felt special and was getting more than the usual attention from the CO and even the DO when he came to a couple rehearsals but the hours involved were ridiculous.

Me, I just liked the girls and the food.

• flipper
    flipper
    No, I experienced ENOUGH drama just being a JW. Didn't need any more drama. Or should I call it trauma ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • pronomono
    pronomono
    I played in the last two dramas. They were a blast. It was the only thing I ever did that was enjoyable as a JW. I didn't really see celebrity status, but we became a pretty close knit group of friends and were sad when it was over. It does take a lot of time. My biggest problem with it was we were spending 10:00am to 3:00pm on most Saturdays, which was my only service day. The elders had the nerve to council me about not going out in service more. The drama was fun, but I wasn't about to give my whole weekend up by making up service on Sunday. As far as I was concerned, the drama was my service.
  • someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    I was in a drama at the Astrodome back in the day. Got to snuggle with a sister behind close doors, which made it all the more worth it :> 15 or 16 at the time.
  • Hecce
    Hecce
    I saw a case where on weekends some brothers were rehearsing for a drama and CO decided to have a pre circuit assembly meeting at the same time, he was very upset that the brothers were not going to be present at his meeting and threatened to remove them from their Circuit privileges. One of them called Bethel and the outcome was that the drama was like a one time teaching assignment and had priority over the routine circuit duties. One of the few times that a CO "lost".
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I was in a couple over the years,,,once in the modern dress part and then I got to wear the false beard and robe... I felt it was the only time I could wear a skirt at a Convention! I'd testify to the hours of commitment, hard work and stress, but it was a rewarding thing to do. Not many get to perform before an audience of thousands.
    I know that we only performed it right once, with the right props in the right places and that was the actual performance, every other time something was amiss.
    Sadly now replaced by yet another video. The dubs miss the live dramas, I hear their grumbles....
  • Hecce
    Hecce
    BluesBrother

Sadly now replaced by yet another video. The dubs miss the live dramas, I hear their grumbles....

I share your opinion

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Had a different part but always wanted to do a dress Bible drama. Those were the only things at conventions that kept young people from falling to their deaths from windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit