Did you participate in a Drama?

by Hecce 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brandnew
    brandnew

Yup.....i was a prop mover at dodger stadium...late 90's..

Hot days under the sun. Ugh.😡

• Hecce
    Hecce

brandnew

Being on that sacred ground is a lifetime experience.

• James Brown
    James Brown
    I was in the Noah's Ark drama in Cleveland stadium about 1973, I played Ham. I met brother Knorr.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    Nope, but my best friend was. He was just a kid. Now he has a large beard, long hair and looks like a viking. He also doesn't want to be a JW anymore. Oh, how the times have changed.

As for the dramas themselves, they were always my favorite part of the conventions, because they were the least boring. Sadly, nowadays are aren't any more dramas. Just stupid videos that they make us watch over and over again.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

3 dramas, played King Josiah, David and evil Omri (Zimri?)

They were fun.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Hecce.....the only time its sacred.....is when they play the yankees☺☺
  • Hecce
    Hecce
    brandnew

Good one, sadly I don't remember inter league play but if my memory is correct is going in 30 years since their last World Series; the Blue cannot pass the Giants, Cards and even the Mets in the post season.

Oh well
  • Spectre
    Spectre

I played the widows son that Elijah resurrected. My mom was the widow and in the same drama, my step-dad was a guard that threw Jezebel out the window. This was back in the 70s when I lived in Utah and we went to the Las Vegas assembly to do it. Out of everything jw related, doing that drama is probably my best memory.

After that time, I had never even heard of a congregation that was anywhere near by that did a drama.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    One thing that was completely out of place in the dramas was the actors attire, the instructions recommended old clothing or canvas to made the dresses with a worn out appearance. It never happened, the friends were always radiant in their brand new costumes.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was in one in Norwich UK in the 1980's. I was a rent-a-crowd. Isrealite and man if Ai.

Some of the crew are now dead. One was imprisoned for paedophilia (still a JW and claims he paid for his crime so is forgiven. Stamford congregation UK, not giving his name out on here). Others are apostates now. I have a photo of the drama crew but can't find it at the moment.

I got to wear a fake beard....yeah, I know.....beard. and I got to wear ladies tights to make my legs look brown......yeah, I know that too.

The only time I was allowd a beard and to cross dress was in front of 2000 JWs, How ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit