Did you participate in a Drama?

by Hecce 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I had the opposite experience to you stuck. It was during rehearsals for dramas that I felt what seemed like genuine comradery, possibly because we were all out of our comfort zone and so we relied on each other a bit more, I really can't explain why.

Of course the same people would go back to being their usual jerky selves back at the KH.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Cadellin compound complex

I think that the drama that you are referring as Exodus and the Zimri one is the same that I am calling the Moses drama.

stuckinarut2

My experience was the different, one of the few places where it felt like everybody was equal and you could laugh at the mistakes and gaffes of even the heavy duty guys.

• nugget
    nugget

Never was in a congregation that did a drama. Sounds like fun although by the time we left the drama was prefixed by a talk and was less a spectacle and more a demonstration.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I was in several dramas and except for one I was always in the modern part. The first drama was live and we rehearsed everyday for weeks. I was also used to record the sound track for a few dramas in which I didn't "act". One year my voice was heard in 2 dramas and I acted in one. It was a lot of fun and I loved the "status" it gave me as I was aspiring for service privileges.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    The ex- wife and our two kids were in a Drama in the circuit assembly.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was a stagehand in a drama and also played the part of a rock in one key scene.

The Dramas were fun to be part of because they gave a good sized group of people something to work together on that was considered by their peers to be a noble effort.

As far as the drama's being successful, this was mostly because they were a welcome alternative to the drone of a stodgy old unlettered and ordinary man, reading off some canned talk hour after hour....day after day.

• Hecce
    Hecce

It seems like the dramas were too much fun for the audience and also the participants. We can't have that here, better to use that time digging trenches and building KH.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

In the late 1980's or early 1990's (I believe), I had my 15 minutes of fame as Benjamin in one of the dramas that dealt with Joseph and Pharaoh. Sorry I can't remember the exact year. It was a district convention in Denver.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    I playef neftali in one. And something else in other. My dad recorded the Spanish voice overs for a couple of others.
  • Hecce
    Hecce
    One thing that happened a lot during the dramas were mistakes, most of the time the participants were aware of them, but not the audience . Some other mistakes were plain and simple to see, like having an actor wearing glasses or a watch on a biblical drama.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit