Austria Begins Closing Mosques and Deporting Imams

by cofty 69 Replies latest social current

• humbled
    humbled

Simon— Bandicoot had brought up the problems in Australia a while back.

The problem of oil and Islamic extremism was the subject in a Sydney newspaper shows how governments are at cross purposes in dealing for oil and dealing with radicalism

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/opinion/saudi-funds-help-pay-for-spread-of-wahhabism-20160829-gr3dlu.html

Will legal checks on extremist imams have to overcome big oil Saudis who have been more important than peaceful living? Oil just wants a market. The market wants oil.

Ps. But you may still need glasses :-/

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Cofty -

Too little too late, This issue will be interesting to watch over the next few years - as long as you are at a safe distance. Notice how the countries that are starting to take a stand against forced islamisation are being vilified by the UN, EU and globalists. One could be even think that there might be some kind of collusion between the lefties and the muslims against post Christian western society.

Austria is turning, Italy is just about to turn, Hungary is hitting the issue head on, anti-Muslim invader party of Janez Jansa won Slovenia’s parliamentary election, When the French people eventually say enough is enough, it will be on, and the scale of the carnage will be unimaginable.

But islam, being the human meat grinder that it is would not have it any other way.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Good for you Austria, a courageous example to the rest of Europe! Any religion that causes harm and death through radical ideas, eg, banning blood transfusions, should be outlawed.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

India prohibits foreign funding of Christian (,maybe non hindu) groups.

Funding or no, any person who is promoting violence in a country should be removed.

I do wonder if they are enforcing this on any smaller Christian groups in Austria or if they will close their eyes to other groups, like perhaps right wing(?) race baiting churches (I know they have groups-are any coming from churches that promote hate groups or Westboro Baptist types? )

• freddo
  • freddo
    freddo

Humbled wrote ... (bold italics added)

"Also—This expulsion of non- compliant imams on the basis of a reasonable law ( of three years standing!) is not outrageous. The peaceful contingent of Muslims at Finsbury Park Mosque in the UK welcomed the authorities who helped deport the radical cleric that stirred trouble for them."

I think there are a large majority of peaceful Muslims who'd like to integrate more (or at least cause no trouble) but who are fearful to do so because of the social expectations of the group leaders and peers. (IMAMS)

They like it when the secular authorities take action in the same way as many JW parents like it when a court orders a blood transfusion for their minor child.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I swear liberalism is a sickness. It is ok to say Islam is bad. No need to gas light. Jesus Christ. I can't believe people try to defend it by comparing it to the JW's. Get your head out of your asses already. When I see JW's passively allowing its members to wear bombs and blow themselves and others up, fly planes into buildings, and chop peoples heads off yelling Jehovah akbar, then and only then I will agree....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Patience in both Germany and Austria seems to be running out.

TD you may know Germany well, but this comment suggests to me you don’t know Austria at all. The attitude toward migrants was very different in Austria than Germany from the start of the refugee crisis. Austria never welcomed migrants open arms in the first place. So to say that both Germany and Austria have “run out of patience” is to musunderstand what is going on in Austria. At best Austria was willing to allow migrants to pass through Austria on their way to Germany. There was little public or political will to welcome them as residents at any stage.

Turkish people on the other hand have been resident in Austria for decades and generations have been born there. Many have small business or professional training and many are quite secular in outlook. I can’t see any good coming from marginalising or targeting this group of Austrians. They are well on the way to becoming regular, secularised Europeans. If anything this sort of stigmatisation is only likely to alienate and radicalise a few who would otherwise not be bothered. It was the same in Nazi Germany, of course, Hitler chose to stigmatise and target Jews precisely at a time when they were integrating in German society, and posed the least real “threat” to the dominant culture.

What's really happening here is that a ring wing party has gained influence in Austria and is using its power for the usual ends of right wing politics: marginalisation of minorities at home, and isolationism abroad. You’d think Austria of all places would have learned the lessons, but unfortunately Austria did not learn the lessons of the Nazi period as well as Germany did. Because Austria has tended to understand itself as a victim of Nazi aggression rather than a collaborator and participant. A clear demonstration, if ever one was needed, that an honest recognition of history has important implications for the present.

• TD
    TD

SBF

Austria has accepted a substantial amount of asylum applications over the last seven years. Countries of origin include Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, Somalia, Morocco and Algeria. Even with a rejection rate ranging anywhere from 30% in some years to 80% in others, this has added up to a sizeable number of people. In 2015 alone, Austria absorbed an influx or approximately 1% of their total population, which is a lot for any country to deal with. These statistics are compiled and published by groups like AIDA, who have nothing to gain by inflating them.

You may not like the Österreichische Volkspartei just like I don't like Trump but that does not justify comparisons to Hitler and the Nazi Party. Austria is not a fascist government and its Chancellors are not dictators. Like all parliamentary democracies, politicians and their policies come and go in response to public opinion.

Austria has moved troops to the Italian border, erected fences, cut off benefits, and confiscated cell phones from migrants. Call it what you will; public opinion is different now than it was just a few years ago when Schlager singers were highlighting the plight of these refugees in their music.

• humbled
    humbled

Slimboyfat— In a careful read of the OP it says there was a law passed in Austria three years ago that required mosques to not accept money from abroad. This kept allegiance with in their host country . Also a measure of goodwill was expected toward that same host country. As I understand it only the mosques that are out of compliance have been shut down for the preach also I’m measure of goodwill was expected toward that same host. Those out of compliance have been banned.

If the extreme version of Islam were not so intolerable (and even at times deadly) there would be no problem. But if you read the plight of those who want to leave Islam or who disapprove of some teachings —they suffer grave or violent responses . Such communities as have those attitudes are adverse to progressive live-and-let-live culture.

There are other measures that are cooperative between a government and the Muslim communities to help assimilate.

Skinhead -jackboot type nationalism is not what will help. This is not what is coming l hope. But ignoring this problem is hurting everyone-progressive, gentle Muslims first and others as well.

What measures do you think would work, SBF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit