Mars closet to the earth in recorded history, Astrology

by cat1759 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• cat1759
    cat1759

Keep reading Donkey, You are getting there.

Cathy

• donkey
    donkey

Cat,

Give me a page number - I will post the quote.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Parlor game:

What do

Fred Franz
    "Judge" Rutherford
    Charles Taze Russell

and

cat1759, have in common?

• Mulan
    Mulan

We saw it last night about 11:30 PM...............really amazing. It is to the left of the moon and the biggest "star" in the sky and kind of orangey. I wish I had a telescope, although scientists are saying you will be able to see definition and even its polar ice, with binoculars in two weeks. It will be the biggest and brightest on the 27th this month.

• shamus
    shamus

Cool!

I'll look for it tonite! Sup'osed to be clear!

Hey, just a bit off topic, isn't it like every 2 years I hear that Mars is really close to the earth??? Like, seriously here!

Or am I just losing it as per usual?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

What do

Fred Franz
    "Judge" Rutherford
    Charles Taze Russell

and

cat1759, have in common?

Hmmm.... Belief that they can predict the future using factors that have no causal relationship to the events in question?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Hey, just a bit off topic, isn't it like every 2 years I hear that Mars is really close to the earth??? Like, seriously here!

Not this close. It won't be this close again for over 200 years, and the scientists say the last time it was this close was 5000BC or thereabouts. Maybe even 60,000 years ago.

This is a big deal.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Funkyderek and Donkey,

I am a little disappointed in both of you. I did not ask you to believe anything I said. I did not ask you to follow me with your nose stuck up Uranus. I asked you to read to gain the knowledge yourselves. Never take anyone's word for it. I certainly don't.

Boys, boys you have to remember that I took these kinds of negative comments all my life. Add more to the conversation than insults. Not once did I stand on the pulpit and tell you that you had no choice in the matter and you had to take my word for it, now did I? I even gave you some of the information you so long for and what did I get back in response? No one learns anything if we throw insults. Because of your insolence and lack of knowledge (on this subject) and not wanting to read it for yourselves I will refrain as sometimes I do realize the truth hurts. Also go back and read my first post, Einstein studied astrology, now figure this puzzle out yourself. I know you both are capable or you wouldn't be here. Now remember Einstein is considered a Genuis. I think the guy is awesome but hey that is my personal opinion...and we know everyone has those. Another opinion...I love Frued! Yes I know, I know Carl Jung was totally awesome and Maslow came up with some great stuff that we use today....but Frued gets my vote. I do realize that if I go with what some people say he had an addiction to cocaine...but hey how would I know, I wasn't alive. All I know is what he wrote, not what he owned up to.

Donkey,

Just wondering if your word for the day was Hoax? I did notice another post with the same word. Since you have so much insight could you look up Vertigo and find out what causes it? Is that a hoax to? You know the equal thingy. Just wondering what your take on that is?

Abaddon,

Just got back from the drs and looked, I had tried the 1:49am not 2:49. When I plugged in the 2:49am birthtime I was shocked. Sorry, I thought you had the same thing as I used to have for my birthtime. I can not verify any of this until I get to 9 lesson and learn but my chart will be the first one I do. I go with the 7:49am as the degrees are good, not perfect but they do work with the transits, if you take the birthtime you got for me and the 7:49 you will see what I am talking about. Those are major hits in my life. Dads death, Accident at work, move to another state, abuse. Without those incidents you came up with the degrees....as you will see, amazing.

Thank you for posting. Maybe the knowledge is just inside us all. I don't know and until I confirm all this I won't have time to figure that out.

I do have some other questions concerning somethings and at this time I can't be here to post. So will hold those for another time as I think you might have the answer.

Good luck everyone! It has been thrilling and so very sad to hear such horrible stories from those coming out of the organization. The pain I have felt this month while being here has been horrendous. To all of you going through so much hold your head up and know in your heart that we do make it. No matter what the odds, we do make it and we learn along the way. Never take anyone's word for anything, look it up yourself, find the answers, if you do take someone's word, then ask for the source, go to the source but never ever listen to anyone as having the final say. You read what you can and make up your own mind whether it fits what you believe or it doesn't fit. Go from there.

Have enjoyed the memories of so many things I thought were long forgotten. It just brings up some horrible experiences for me and personally I just want to forget. You know sometimes you think you are over them and they can no longer affect you, you come back after being gone two years and you start to live it all over again.

To Monk3y, Ravyn, OCW, Arrowstar, good luck and may your futures hold more than you imagine. I will always be thinking of you three. To the ones I didn't mention I hope you get everything you desire in this life because life lived without hope is not living. Dream your dreams and make them reality.

Love to everyone.....

Cathy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cat

Was Einstein a genius or an avid reader? Where did he get his ideas?

Einstein's E=mc 2 'was Italian's idea'
    Rory Carroll in Rome
    Thursday November 11, 1999

The mathematical equation that ushered in the atomic age was discovered by an unknown Italian dilettante two years before Albert Einstein used it in developing the theory of relativity, it was claimed yesterday.

Olinto De Pretto, an industrialist from Vicenza, published the equation E=mc 2 in a scientific magazine, Atte, in 1903, said Umberto Bartocci, a mathematical historian.

Einstein allegedly used De Pretto's insight in a major paper published in 1905, but De Pretto was never acclaimed, said Professor Bartocci of the University of Perugia.

De Pretto had stumbled on the equation, but not the theory of relativity, while speculating about ether in the life of the universe, said Prof Bartocci. It was republished in 1904 by Veneto's Royal Science Institute, but the equation's significance was not understood.

A Swiss Italian named Michele Besso alerted Einstein to the research and in 1905 Einstein published his own work, said Prof Bartocci. It took years for his breakthrough to be grasped. When the penny finally dropped, De Pretto's contribution was overlooked while Einstein went on to become the century's most famous scientist. De Pretto died in 1921.

"De Pretto did not discover relativity but there is no doubt that he was the first to use the equation. That is hugely significant. I also believe, though it's impossible to prove, that Einstein used De Pretto's research," said Prof Bartocci, who has written a book on the subject.

Einstein's theory held that time and motion are relative to the observer if the speed of light is constant and if all natural laws are the same. A footnote established the equivalence of mass and energy, according to which the energy (E) of a quantity of matter (m) is equal to the product of the mass and the square of the velocity of light (c). Now known as: E=mc 2 .

The influence of work by other physicists on Einstein's theory is also controversial. A German, David Hilbert, is thought by some to have been decisive.

Edmund Robertson, professor of mathematics at St Andrew's University, said: "An awful lot of mathematics was done by people who have never been credited - Arabs in the middle ages, for example. Einstein may have got the idea from someone else, but ideas come from all sorts of places.

"De Pretto deserves credit if his contribution can be proven. Even so, it should not detract from Einstein."

From the guardian - 11.11.1999

-----

Wanna give the name of the hot astrologer in arizona?

SS

• donkey
    donkey

Cat,

I truly don't care if you are disappointed in me. Please don't let any facts get in the way of your beliefs.

I am aware of the Einstein Astrology Hoax - why? Because I READ (exactly what you are encouraging us to do). Now I asked you for the page number of the book you quoted and you cannot give it to me? If the book says what YOU say I will affirm it and post the affirmation. I will however, check the source in the bibliography and check the original writings of Einstein too - why? Because I read.

If I told you Einstein said Smurfs were demonized and you then called me on that....is that bad of you? Well we have called you for evidence of your claims. Should you go out and read all of Einstein's works looking for the Smurf quote? Or if I am the claimant should I provide it for you? You don't have to provide any evidence...you are under no obligation, Cat. However, I cannot see how you can make silly claims and expect everyone to jus believe them.

Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit