Mars closet to the earth in recorded history, Astrology

by cat1759 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

((((((Cat)))))

Thank you I appreciate the info.

When does mercury go into retrograde? Feels like the old days of PMS. Helps me to go with the flow instead of trying going up stream without a paddle !!! Wonder why mechanical things break down, communications go haywire and puter's jam up.

I don't have to wonder why people are stressed!!! Cause the planets are off. Working in the ER I blame the planets are off kilter. A good scape-goat.

There is a definite pattern with the full working in the ER and with me personally as well. I try to ride with it.

I have had my chart done. Pretty impressed. To me its guide or a tool to use.

Like to hear more Cathy.

OCW

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I would so much like this as I have no birth time and my mother refuses to give me morning or night and if you look, you will see that the Moon moved into a new sign on the day I was born. I would so much like for you to rectify my chart as that would give me a birthtime. You see I have no Ascendant and no Moon placement and without those I don't have a timer to life's events. Since you can do this I would so appeciate it.

Cathy, shouldn't you be able to calculate your time of birth based on your personality and experiences?

Carl Jung wrote extensively about Astrology and used it in his work

He also used alchemy. His beliefs about these subjects were personal opinions unsupported by evidence.

Albert Einstein also studied Astrology.

When? Have you got a source for this? In everything I've ever seen and read about Einstein, I've seen no indication that he had any interest in astrology.

with two great minds marveling at the wonders of this earth and all it holds I should dismiss it as being something not proven?

No, but you should check your "facts" and believe only what the available evidence compels you to believe, not just what you imagine some "great minds" believed. Just because somebody clever believes something, that doesn't make it true!

• Elsewhere
  • cat1759
    cat1759

OCW,

Mercury goes retro on August 29 and it will be at 26 degrees Virgo. It will go direct on September 21 at 12 degrees Virgo. Virgo is Mercury ruled right now but with Chiron coming in the picture back in 1977, recognized in 1979 alot of Astrologers have done thousands of charts and feel that Chiron might replace Mercury. So for now, wherever Mercury is located and any aspects that would hit at these degrees will trigger this part of your chart. With Chiron he is the wounded healer, he shows in the chart our deepest wounds so some will have these wounds triggered if their chart is touched off with these degrees. Virgo is very analytical. Everything needs precision and the thinking ability is even more compounded if Mercury resides in Virgo. The facts are what these Virgoan's want, nothing but facts.

Funckyderek,

Cathy, shouldn't you be able to calculate your time of birth based on your personality and experiences?

That is called the art of rectification. In the masters course we don't get to this until we have completed the other 8 lessons. We are not even allowed to take the masters course until we get the basics of Astrology down. Which I have just completed. So until I get to lesson 9, I am stuck with no birthtime unless Abaddon wants to do some work for me as I consider him way beyond where I am at in Astrology because he can do this.

No, but you should check your "facts" and believe only what the available evidence compels you to believe, not just what you imagine some "great minds" believed. Just because somebody clever believes something, that doesn't make it true!

I started out trying to disprove astrology as I felt it was like everything else in this life,nothing but lies. Someone challenged my unintelligent mind to show him the proof why it doesn't work. I believe in nothing if I can't prove it to myself. I can give you all the proof of Einstein but you see unless you search and read it yourself why should you believe me? I didn't believe those who explained anything to me until I read and understood what was in my vision. So I could explain away and it doesn't matter. Just like jws, until I started to study it for myself I believed no one's take on their reality of the bible. First you said you should check your facts, which i have done, then you tell me that just because somebody clever believes something, that doesn't make it true. Well which is it? I did check my facts and I made my own choices to study this Art. I didn't ask others to give me their take or their resources, I did it all on my own. When my teacher told me to ask him for help, I refused as I wanted to find out for myself. So the going was not easy but the rewards were immense. By the way, my teacher has a Harvard Degree in Sociology, Psychology and loves this Universe and mankind, but still I shirked his teaching as I don't believe anything anyone says unless I can see it. Yes, he feels I wasted alot of time when he could have given me the answers. You see this man has written over 26 books and has evolutionized Astrology as being more than medieval, unrelated, death sentences when you look at a birthchart. He also started out trying to disprove astrology.

Cathy

• cat1759
    cat1759

Beautiful picture Elsewhere!

So much yet to discover!

Thank you

Cathy

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I can give you all the proof of Einstein but you see unless you search and read it yourself why should you believe me?

I will believe you if you provide some evidence. Having read a lot about Einstein, I have seen nothing to indicate that he had any sort of belief in astrology. It flies in the face of everything I know about the man. I've been unable to find any information that supports your assertion. So all I need is a primary source for your claim so I can check it myself.

I didn't believe those who explained anything to me until I read and understood what was in my vision. So I could explain away and it doesn't matter. Just like jws, until I started to study it for myself I believed no one's take on their reality of the bible.

Fortunately in the real world we have very effective methods for determining whether something is true that don't rely on the questioner having to know everything about the subject. If under controlled conditions astrology actually makes accurate predictions, then it has some claim to truth. If it does not, then it should be dismissed as so much ancient superstition.

First you said you should check your facts, which i have done, then you tell me that just because somebody clever believes something, that doesn't make it true. Well which is it?

Both. They're not mutually exclusive statements.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Cathy;

"Know so much"? If being able to cast a chart with tables and a calculator from books I read eight years ago (which is what I said) is 'so much' then what do the experts know?! Heaven help us all! Oh, and it's the moon sign that for a given birthdate can vary between one of a few of the possible; can't recall the details. Silly me.

All I actually claim is;

• You can read back a skillfully written summation of a horoscope of a random date to someone, and if they want to believe, they will believe. They will only pick up on the fact it's not THEIR horoscope if they know enough of the terminolgy and associations of Astrology to catch the ruse. This is a fact.
    • That astrology has not been proved to work, and that there are no known mechanisms whereby it could work. This is a fact.
    • That if any form of divination does work, it's probably just mumbo-jumb being used to focus an innate ability. This is conjecture.
    • That threatening bad weather as a result of a conjunction is irresponsible; just as there are people who will drink cyanide so the UFO behind the comet can take them away, so there are people who base their lives on their horoscopes. This is opinion.

And there you are, WITH MY PRECISE AGE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and rather than figuring out my birthdate with relatively minor mental arithmatic you figured it out all by yourself.

How impressive - you should do this for a living; there's not one Astrologer I know of how can beat probability in guessing peoples' sun sign, moon sign and rising sign based on a few hundred words of text. You could prove Astrology as a repeatable reliable phenomena in an afternoon, and be a very rich woman.

Being the nasty little skeptic I am I assumed you were just trying to undermine my disbelief in the power of the stars with a cheap trick, but of course, I must be wrong. Seriously; I doubt very much if anyone would be silly enough to try such a blatent lie, as it is unbelievable.

For me, if I assume your good faith, it just shows the amasing power of the subconscious mind, and how when people are riled they do things they normally can't do.

You say 'Astrology is no longer magic'; it never was magic, as there is no magic. Sorry. No Jehober, no lambs and lions playing in the New System of things, no life without end. We're just on a rather prosaic little planet with no apparent provable explanation. Somehow we manage to enjoy ourselves, but some need stories to prepare them to face the dark night, some need a drink, and others face it without fear. I found discovering what WAS under the bed, rather than letting my imagination fill in the space, was the greatest aid in not fearing what there is to come. This is of course an opinion.

Abbadon you said you can get out your tools and tell me when I was born. I would so much like this as I have no birth time and my mother refuses to give me morning or night and if you look, you will see that the Moon moved into a new sign on the day I was born. I would so much like for you to rectify my chart as that would give me a birthtime. You see I have no Ascendant and no Moon placement and without those I don't have a timer to life's events. Since you can do this I would so appeciate it.

Sorry, misunderstanding; I said I could cast a horoscope for a given birth date, time and place using the reference material I have, as in determine by chart etc. the sun sign, moon sign, ascendant, planets, houses, the whole shebang; I could even do a little write up on what it all is meant to mean, although I make no claim to being able to make it as convincing as a professional. Haven't done it for years, but it's just follwoign instructions in a book.

I don't know of any method that would reliably determine your birthtime involving astrology

I see (from your profile) that you're American. I don't know if your birth certificate would have those details (you might not have a copy, but you can get one), or whether you'd be able to get any records from the hospital you were born in. Your mum is probably just being difficult or thinks you'll consort with demons if she gives you your time of birth; she probably remembers at least early am/late am, early pm,/late pm. Next time you talk say about this TV program you saw and how it showed how your sleeping pattern was dictated by your time of birth - she shopuld fill in the gaps automatically as you'd not be prompting her to be difficult by saying anything about casting a horoscope.

...how irresponsible the GB has been in informing those they rule.

I agree with that point, but have to point out that having had my life dictated by a bunch of supsticious waffle from people who wanted to tell me how to run my life 'for my own good', I am very opposed to repeating that mistake.

Carl Jung wrote extensively about Astrology and used it in his work. Albert Einstein also studied Astrology and with two great minds marveling at the wonders of this earth and all it holds I should dismiss it as being something not proven?

My understanding was Jungian psychiatry makes use of architypes, personality types, etc, and used the standard astrological system as a convenient starting point for describing these. I don't think you will find a Jungian psychiatrist who will say that Jungian psychaitry is based on the movements of planets millions and millions of miles away. Likewise, I'll be very surprised if you can prove Eiestein studied astroLOGY, although he may well have dabbled in astroNOMY. In any case, you are using an 'argumenbt from authority', saying something is true because you say someone clever believes it is true. This is a bad argument. If astrology is a provable art, then there will be research that shows this, and people who can, for example, reliably and repeatably guess which sun, moon and rising sign someone is from a few hundred words of text.

I hate to break it to you, but there is no such evidence; there is as much evidence that JW's are THE truth as there is for astrology being an accurate guide and help to planning your life. The believers in both instances think there is evidence as to the relaibility of their source of guidance, but everyone else either doesn't care or thinks they are barmy.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Funkyderek,

Tell me what the most amazing thing about Einstein was, outside of the fact that he figured out the relativity theory, the atom bomb and some more interesting things. Then I will inform you where to go. Remember this is about Einstein himself.

Abaddon,

I am not into parlor tricks or disputing the validity of Astrology. You said you can draw up a birthchart. I had no idea as to your birthday as I never even looked at your picture I was steaming at your post. Now, you have my birthday as it is recorded as you say. With just the given information that was on this site, share with me my Sun, Moon and Ascendant. Please! Now you have no place geographically, no birth time as I had none of this for you.

I would just like to know what YOU THINK my birthtime is according to the information you have sitting in front of you. This is not meant as a spitting contest. Just sit and close your eyes and write what comes into your mind. You might be able to do something that others can not do for me. My mom does not talk to me because I told her I study astrology. She refuses to give me any information. I have two birth certifcates, the long and short form, with nothing. I called and they said don't waste anymore money as we checked your records and there is no birthtime at all.

Cathy

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hmm. This is getting kinda weird.......

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> This is getting kinda weird.......

"Getting"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit