Mars closet to the earth in recorded history, Astrology

by cat1759 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• cat1759
    cat1759

On August 27, 2003 Mars will be closest to Earth than at any other time in recorded history. It will be at 34,646,418 miles away from Earth.

Mars went retrograde on July 30,2003 to September 28,2003. Mars is the warrior planet. He represents applied energy in your birthcharts. Mars is in Pisces right now until the end of this year. This six month stay in Pisces has not happened since July 1956 through December 1956. I mention these dates as there are older ones on here that can recognize that there may have been some life changing events back then. The last time Mars was retro as it takes 26 months for it to travel the Zodiac was May 12,2001-July 20, 2001 in Sagittarius.

This is not really that exciting but because Uranus is retro heading back to critical degrees and Neptune is the host of both of these planets it is worth mentioning. If you go to http://www.astro.com you can get a birthchart with information on where this setup is occuring. This will be the house that is stressed during this time.

With Mars so close to the earth we could see more threatening weather. If at this time you feel hopeless and the struggles from the past are piling up don't turn to drugs or alcohol because you will have some great breakthoughs at this time. This applied energy is internalizing. You might feel like exploding and others are experiencing the same things so we have to be careful. If there are heated discussions in marriage take it in stride even though you don't want to as after September is over things will get better. Mars wants us to shit or get off the pot but nothing remains the same. If you meet that love of your life, can't live without him wait until Mars has turned direct to make any decisions about it. Whatever you start at this time will have a two year fruition. If you are searching within to find God this is a great time to do it. Mars gives us that energy to understand.

Cathy

• Simon
    Simon

Never mind astrology ... get yer Telescope out - it'll be the brightest thing in the sky !

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

As I was cycling home this evening, I looked out over Lake Ontario, and I saw something moving rapidly across the sky. At first I thought it was a plane, then I realized: it was a meteorite, and a big one too!

Then I panned my vision somewhat southeastward, and there was MARS. Yes, you can see it, very clearly. I wish I had binoculars or a telescope, as it'll be so cool to be living in a time that happens....what?....every 50,000-60,000 years.

Keep in mind, you can see Jupiter pretty clearly too. I can see it in the eastern sky, somewhat high in the sky. It sparkles beautifully.

I love astronomy, and photographs on-line from the Hubble Telescope, or from other astronomy sites: astounding, and mind-boggling! Beautiful on all accounts.

This is indeed, a special time to be viewing the heavens: Mars is also FREE to look at.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    On August 27, 2003 Mars will be closest to Earth than at any other time in recorded history. It will be at 34,646,418 miles away from Earth.

Cat,

That is the only part of your post that actually describes part of the universe we live in. The rest is superstitious nonsense with no basis in reality.

For those who are interested in the reality of Mars' proximity to Earth see http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mars_orbit_030121-1.html

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Funky, I disagree; 34,646,418 miles away from Earth immediately marks it up as non-scientific, as its in Imperial measurements; 55,780,732.98km is far more scientific.

Mars went retrograde on July 30,2003 to September 28,2003.

This just means due to the interelationship between Earths orbit and Mars that it looks like (to an Earth observer) that Mars moves backwards.

Mars is the warrior planet. He represents applied energy in your birthcharts.

Mars is a lump of rock. It doesn't have a gender or personality.

Mars is in Pisces right now until the end of this year. This six month stay in Pisces has not happened since July 1956 through December 1956.

As Pisces is an imaginary shape of stars as seen from Earth (the stars can have absolutely no relationship to each other than their coincidental appearance from Earth, and that has changed quite substansively since humans started practising Astrology... but in any case, Mars is not 'in' Pisces as there is no Pisces to be 'in'.

I mention these dates as there are older ones on here that can recognize that there may have been some life changing events back then.

Very scientific; it's just possible that somneone born in that period had something happen to them. It's also possible they had a bowel movement.

This is not really that exciting but because Uranus is retro heading back to critical degrees and Neptune is the host of both of these planets it is worth mentioning.

This sounds like a blog entry of a gay socialite discussing parties. Plan your life by this? Hah! I find goose livers far more accurate.

With Mars so close to the earth we could see more threatening weather.

Look, I can just me minorly annoyed by ages old supersticious nonsense, but trying to pretend this conjunction has any measurable effect on Earth's weather is just praying on peoples' lack of scientific knowledge

If at this time you feel hopeless and the struggles from the past are piling up...

It's probably because you use Astrology to plan your life...

If you are searching within to find God this is a great time to do it.

You will need lube, an anal speculum, and latex gloves...

I know it seems like pulling wings off flies, but the flies don't even have wings, as they don't exist in the first place...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Funky, I disagree; 34,646,418 miles away from Earth immediately marks it up as non-scientific, as its in Imperial measurements; 55,780,732.98km is far more scientific.

No, it just sounds more scientific! When the closest somebody has to real science is ancient superstition, I'm not going to overwhelm them with modernism. They don't have to use the Systeme Internationale. Cathy could have given the distance in furlongs or cubits and it would still have been the only vaguely accurate information in her post.

Besides, I make it 55,758,004.93km Visit Smiley Central!

• cat1759
    cat1759
    his sounds like a blog entry of a gay socialite discussing parties. Plan your life by this? Hah! I find goose livers far more accurate.

Look, I can just me minorly annoyed by ages old supersticious nonsense, but trying to pretend this conjunction has any measurable effect on Earth's weather is just praying on peoples' lack of scientific knowledge

It's probably because you use Astrology to plan your life...

You will need lube, an anal speculum, and latex gloves...

I know it seems like pulling wings off flies, but the flies don't even have wings, as they don't exist in the first place...

Abaddon,

First gay socialites don't really sit around and discuss Astrology as they are to busy living life and having fun. Unlike yourself who attacked something that I thought would be interesting. Age old superstitions, agree but just like everything else Astrology has made great strides in the past twenty years. You would know this if you didn't sit and make judgements on something you know nothing about. I was not praying on people's lack of scientific knowledge. I actually thought that it was interesting as I figured the society will continue to talk about certain things that have nothing to do with the end of this system, as always.
    I do not use Astrology to plan my life. I use it to understand those around me and where they are coming from. I find that looking at a birthchart gives certain areas that a person is working toward in this life, unlike mundane astrology.

We are all entitled to our opinions. They are like asses, we all have one, including you.

What are you a Sagittarius with a Leo rising and Aries Moon? A need to show your lack of knowledge by putting others down?

As far as putting the miles away from Mars I put it in miles as I live in the states. It interested you enough to look it up and for that congratulations are in order.

I look at the planets and ask why? I try to find answers to this life no matter how hard the road has been. I don't negate others feelings because of my own lack of knowledge.

I did not write this for such obnoxious, inconsiderate, unknowledgeable conjecture. I wrote it because I thought it was so awesome. Excuse me and I will make sure I don't write anything on this site that is not considered fluff.

As I put this under entertainment I thought you would enjoy it!

What song are we singing today at the kingdom hall? Does my read nail enamel look alright? Do I fit in?

Cathy

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Cathy, nevermind all of that! I read your post and enjoyed it. You don't have anything to prove to anyone else including Abaddon.

But I wanted to say help keep this post alive because I may forget the dates involved as this is something I have been looking forward to.

Thanks

Merc

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hey Cathy...

I enjoyed your post too... don't worry bout the boys... they're just havin their own p*ssin contest... keep posting...I enjoy reading them.

TTFN

Inq

• willyloman
    willyloman

Abaddon 1
    Astrology 0

Nice game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit