Mars closet to the earth in recorded history, Astrology

by cat1759 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    It will be at 34,646,418 miles away from Earth.

wow, that close ehhhh, you can almost touch it . (actually, this post interested me into looking for it tonite...thanks)

• Satanus
    Satanus

When do the martians land? and where?

SS

• ballistic
    ballistic

Good time for the Watchtower to send out landing parties then, return visits might be more difficult.

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS:

When do the martians land? and where?

Ha! Remember that movie "Invaders from Mars"? And no, I don't mean the remake (which wasn't too bad, btw), but the original...jeepers, it scared the pants off of me, people getting sucked down into the sand and having things drilled into the back of the necks.

Those Martians are nasty little sob's. LOL

Craig

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ona

No kidding? You remember that movie? I also never forgot it. The kid's parents got the things installed. Then the kid found some woman to help him. Do you remember the name of the movie? I always thought it was a twilight zone episode.

SS

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS, I'm pretty sure that the titles of both movies were "Invaders from Mars." Also, those beam blasters they had that made underground tunnels were cool!

As far as the "fun with astrology" thing, I'm a Taurus (does that associate me with Mars somehow?) and Kate's an Aquarius. She just printed out a page from astrology.com (and no, neither one of us takes astrology seriously, but it is curious ):

Though Aquarius will have a hard time admitting it (even to themselves), they'll find Taurus's solid base to be comfortingly supportive, and Taurus will find Aquarius stimulating, if not altogether comfortable.

Works for us!

Craig

• gumby
    gumby
    With Mars so close to the earth we could see more threatening weather. If at this time you feel hopeless and the struggles from the past are piling up don't turn to drugs or alcohol because you will have some great breakthoughs at this time.

What if we already use the two? Will we still get a breakthrough?

Gumby

• heathen
    heathen

I am big on astronomy but can't get into astrology at all . It seems like it's all based on cultic superstition . I know we have some satelites heading to mars that expected to make orbit in december . I can't help but envision saddam housein heading to mars with all his WOMD . lol

• Odrade
    Odrade

Speaking of Mars... has anyone ever seen the movie "The Green Slime" ? funniest EVER!

Actually it was an asteroid, but still...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0064393

Scared the crap out of my little brother when we were kids.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I have been checking out Mars in our night skies in Australia .. It has been fantastic to look at it ... it's really obvious .. slightly red in colour and easierly the brightest star in the sky.

I haven't bothered reading what you all are debating at this point in time . Mars has my heart strings

MARS ROCKS MY WORLD AT THE MONENT.

monk3y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit