Unky Punky just wanted ...

by punkofnice 40 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nicolaou - Thank you. Yes. Life was hell for a long time. It's not totally brilliant just yet, but getting there.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Unky Punky, I can often go days or even weeks sometimes without posting here. I will always have more of a connection to ex-JW's because I have so many JW's still in my life- my wife, her family, my mother.

But otherwise, all things JW have started to dilute themselves in my life. I am really forgetting all the doctrine and scriptures- good riddance. The more I forget them, the more I realize it's all the same old story anyway. I am going to visit Flipper's Lake Tahoe Fest again this year. That's like 8 or 9 in a row, I lost count.

• LV101
    LV101

Punk - hope you stay and glad you just wanted to stop by.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OTWO - Hello, old friend. I'm glad it's all diluting for you too. Enjoy the fest.

LV101 - Hey, hello, ol' bean. I will drop in from time to time, if not out of bone idle curiosity.

• LV101
    LV101

I LOVE your 'Watchtower' magazines! They should hire you as their graphic artist and chief editor.

Keep care.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Hi Punk! So nice to see you drop in! I'm glad you get to see your daughter in Canada every year. We do the same with our daughter, son-in-law and grandsons who live in Guatemala. Last summer we had an extra visit. They came to the States to visit for three weeks, and our son joined the party. It was great to have the whole family in the same place.

Do stop in for a chat on the Yuku Facebook group. I'm sure they would love to hear you are doing so well!

Diane

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Glad you got over your rage stage. Me too. I hang out in forums but the rage is gone. I feel pity for dubs.

just saying!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello, Diane. I'm glad you get to travel and see the family. Yes. Yuku. I keep forgetting about that FB group.

Eye. I feel pity for the Jobos too. My rage has gone, indeed. It's good to move on.

• rawe
    rawe

Hi PunkOfNice,

Nice to see your post! Wendy and I just made a trip to Canada. Had an opportunity to meet with my cousin and her husband. They just recently left JWs and reach out to us on Facebook. I mentioned to them that while we'll always know that we were JWs and are now Ex-JWs we've basically have become Ex-Ex-JWs.

I've continued to attend memorial and hope to do so for as long as two older JWs close to me are alive (they're both now in the 80s). For the past three years I've traveled back to Quesnel, BC, Canada to attend there. I face some shunning and some not. Oddly this year a one-time elder I've known since I was a teen didn't seem to recognize me. He came up and gave a typical "welcome come-to-the-meetings" chat. I wondered if he might now have memory problems. However, he recently has written some books and my contacts said they think he is okay.

In the fall of 2013 I started attending VUU (Valley Unitarian Universalist) congregation. I officially joined in 2015. They're one of the few religions that accept atheists such as myself. I've even given a couple sermons. They're posted on YouTube (search for "Randy Galbraith" should show them if you're interested).

Life has treated us very good. Two oldest girls are now married and have children (4 grand children now, with 1 more on the way). My youngest is 15 and just got her drivers permit. When I joined VUU I told my youngest that I would bring her along, but she wasn't required to participate in anything she didn't want to and at age 16 could decide for herself if she wanted to continue or not. She is in the "coming of age" program and will be making a trip to Boston with her group. She also will be giving a "credo" statement during a special VUU service when all the coming of age youth run the service. She is a somewhat anxious kid so this will be a big deal for her.

I've kept my running up. But have stopped with 1/2 marathons and now just run a 10K once per year. Since 2014 I've been taking college courses. About 1/2 way through to getting my associate of science. I'm just completed Latin 101 and am now in Philosophy 101. The more I study the more I realize just how little I knew about anything!

Cheers,

-Randy

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Obviously punk is another satisfied customer of this site and how succesful it is in freeing oneself from the clutches of the borg .

I`m glad that everything is going well for you punk and as for your being lonely don`t worry about it ,very soon now ,just around the corner ,evidently ,its imminent ,not long now ,your in your last days of being lonely and finding a suitable companion just as surely that the WT /JW `s have the "Truth" these words i have spoken will also come true .....or not.....maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit