What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    So you're okay with people disrespecting other people's belief just because they don't believe the same thing

On a discussion forum about religious beliefs, yes. I belief people should be respected, but not beliefs. If I met you at a party I wouldn't say anything, because I believe people have a right to believe what they want. But you came to a discussion forum and chose to discuss your beliefs, and you can't expect people to say they believe in something when they don't. For example, someone could say they believe the moon is made of green cheese. I am not going to respect that, because it's silly.

resort to disrespecting what I believe in by mocking and treating God like trash all because of your own lack of faith which is not a bad thing, by the way, you just lack it.

They are just making a point, or do you not get that? If God exists, he's a big fella and not going to be hurt by some random people discussing him on a forum. It's only you that is hurt and it's hard to feel too sorry for you because you chose to stay here and basically make the same argument for 27 pages. Why would you think anyone is going to change their mind at this point? Why should we respect a being that we don't believe in? If someone believes in the tooth fairy and demands you give her respect and acknowledge she is all mighty, would you? Would it change because they stomped their feet and whined and made threats and said they would pop their daughter in the mouth for saying the tooth fairy isn't the greatest? No? Why not, don't you respect their beliefs? That is how your beliefs seem to us.

Most of us here did at one time believe in God. We thought about it quite a lot. We researched and thought and reasoned and came to the conclusion that he simply didn't exist. I had no agenda, I don't hate God, I am not against the idea of him, I just don't believe, and I am not going to start believing because you come here whining and making threats and demanding I respect what I believe to be a figment of your imagination. It's certainly nothing personal, so why are you getting upset? A lot of people in the world believe something different than you, that's life.

• looter
    looter

Even though I don't agree with what you said about the tooth fairy, you're right in most of the things you said. I came here myself to a place where most people don't have faith, so what did I expect? I expected at least some form of respect, and I got it from a FEW great people on here. It's true that I don't have to take the crap by those who disrespect God because at the end of their life, they will be the ones to receive judgement, not me. It's just really hard to imagine that a person could live their life and have no regard for their responsibilities to respect, trust, and serve God. It's just crazy to me, but like you said, everyone is different and has their own motive even if it is crazy and lacks holiness. Again, this is the internet after all, and disrespectful people are inevitable but like you said Lisa, I don't have to take their mess because I have blessings, and they don't.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Looter: I thought this was a board with a lot of adults, not children.

Children are easily persuaded to believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and all kinds of invisible beings who

use superhuman powers, but always hidden from human eyes.

Mature adult eventually lose their child-like gullibility and stop believing in the intervention of invisible and mute beings in human affairs. You may reach this stage one day.

• looter
    looter

You are very wrong. Children don't know any better to believe in those things but God's faithful followers know better that he exists. Belief in God is not something that's only attributed to children. That's a dumb thing to believe. Lots of great hearted people believe that they were created. And for your information, I am a very mature adult, probably more mature than you, in spirit.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It's just really hard to imagine that a person could live their life and have no regard for their responsibilities to respect, trust, and serve God.

How can I possibly respect something that I don't believe exists? Am I supposed to pretend I do to make you feel better? That seems silly to me.

• looter
    looter

BB, Viviane is a know-it-all so I guess her brain is shrinking by the day and hour. I'm not a know-it-all, I just believe that God is the true God and I have no plans to stop that please because I have begin to think for myself ever since I quit the organization due to learning TATTT.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Looter, are you pretending your wannabe mass murderer god isn't impotent? For shame, child. For shame.
  • just fine
    just fine

Looter - believe whatever you want, just stop trying to get everyone else to believe what you believe. We all have different life experiences that give us different perspectives and beliefs. Let everybody have their own experience and find their own path.

• looter
    looter

Our fulfilling the law in loving others is not the ground of our justification. The ground of justification is the obedience and blood-shedding of Christ alone, appropriated through faith alone before any other acts are performed. Our fulfilling the law is the fruit and evidence of being justified by faith. But how and can we justify this faith? In just one scripture it adequately describes how we all let alone this demonstration, of what is to be expected of the Lord. Orphan Crow, I'll have you know that it indeed was not purposeless why and God let his own son go through that. It cannot be purchased in the wrong way because we read in Romans: "By the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction" Why did I have hat scripture because I wanted you to know why I think it isn't "pointless" as you say.

• prologos
    prologos

To carry on the creative process of the cosmos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit