What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    it's the insistence that science is more important and valuable than the Lord which infuriates me

Image result for polio science jesus

• A Ha
    A Ha
    Mercy is achieved by expense of Justice. In Christianity God's Mercy is achieved through justice. Justice is not put aside to achieve Mercy.
    That's the point of the Ransom view about the Crucifixion. Crucifixion of Christ payed the expense provoked by Mercy

This defense only works if you redefine "justice" and "mercy" so they don't mean "justice" or "mercy"

• cofty
    cofty
    Objectively speaking I think this view in face of unjustified suffering and death is better than " shit happens". - John_Mann

When I say my personal philosophy can be summed up as "shit happens", I mean that in many cases bad things are not a result of any intelligent agency. They are simply the vicissitudes of life. This reduces the "why" question to the more rational and mundane question of "how"?

It eliminates the angst and soul-searching and clears the way to getting on with fixing what can be fixed and accepting what can't.

I highly recommend it.

• looter
    looter

Viviane, not only do you further your insistence that everyone else is stupid besides yourself but you continue to mock God which further states that you really need his help as it appears that you just love to do that regardless if it's ethical or even needed. If you were my daughter, I would have popped your mouth a long time ago for saying something so blasphemous. That's acting like a child. Did you hear me? You act like a child and I'm ashamed that I have to talk to a person like this but at the end of the day, I'm only here to help but now I realize that I can't help what is truly evil and you are the personification of evil. The more you say the more you prove that is correct.

You should be ashamed of the way you speak about God. He's the one that created you but the way you keep talking it seems that you are one of those flaws that he created that you speak of. So in a way you are right about that because you seem to be one of God' creation flaws. But on everything else, you are dead wrong, sister. No one knows if God created all those bad conditions like you mention and your insistence that he does is just as evil as your insistence that he doesn't exist. but you are just like those ones in the Bible that like to blame all the madness on Yah when it is humans who are the most bad out of all the species on Earth so if you want to blame anyone for all those things you need to blame humans because we did it and we need to own up to it and accept the Lord as our savior. I'm going to pray for you, because I see that you are really in a bad position mentally, but even worser, spiritually.

In the meantime, I beg you to work on the way you treat our spiritual father. If not for me, do it for him. You need to find it in your heart, ma'am, and I know your heart is full of dislike and rudeness but I know you have it in you somewhere in that old beat-up, gross, and disgusting heart, you have it in you to find some kindness for he who created you. I know it's hard because you truly don't want it but everyone that wants good for you is probably begging you to find it and what better way it is than to start now working on it so you can get better. But if you get your jollies on hurting other people's feelings then you have to live with yourself and that's the worst thing for you.

I must ask, why do you hate God so much? When you were a child, did someone molest you? Because if someone did there are Christian Services that can help you with those feelings that have stayed with you so long. If you are asking yourself why I'm asking you this you need to first consider that I'm trying to help because I just don't see why someone would disrespect God the way you do and have fun too. But then again, you acknowledge that you are indeed evil so now I question myself, why am I trying to help you? Especially when all your trying to do is infect me with your mind and heart if you even have one because anyone who did would not say things that way and expect to live without the burden and the mark of God's Wrath on their shoulder. You must be a horrible person outside this forum for you to say such horrible and disrespectful things. I wonder how you feel about Satan.

The fact that you have disrespected me eons of times despite me trying my damnedest to help you just confirms that you don't like God, Jesus, or anyone who tries to respect, honor, and represent all that is Holy. And I know the very person that deserves all of it and he is the person that has actually helped all those sick. What do you think was the actual means for that science should help all those who are really sick? You think we humans just came up with that ourselves? Well you are wrong about that too, sister, and don't even get me started and how without God, we wouldn't even be pass living long enough to actually come up with science and mechanisms to treat the weak. Remember, God is responsible for all things good, like myself, and if you want to be a part of that you need to change.

• cofty
    cofty
    it is humans who are the most bad out of all the species on Earth - Looter

Humans are by far the most compassionate, caring and altruistic species in the entire history of life on earth.

You need to get over your self-loathing.

If your god did exist and the things christians say about him were true then he would be beneath contempt.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, not only do you further your insistence that everyone else is stupid besides yourself but you continue to mock God which further states that you really need his help as it appears that you just love to do that regardless if it's ethical or even needed

I never said you or anyone else was stupid. I'm not saying you haven't proven you are, but I never said you were.

If you were my daughter, I would have popped your mouth a long time ago saying something so blasphemous.

Ah, the threats of violence. There's the Christian in you. Fortunately, all the threats are just as empty and impotent as those of your god.

I'm not bothering to read the rest of the screed, but I am going to assume there is some threats of damnation, name-calling, making claims about hating god (which I literally can't do, but I know that level of thinking is way above you) and probably telling how broken I am, all using probably the shittiest logic known to exist. Don't fear, there could be shittier logic in an unexplored part of the universe.

It's all exactly like your god, limp, feckless and ultimately impotent.

• looter
    looter

That's all very interesting, prologos, but it's not that I dislike science it's the insistence that science is more important and valuable than the Lord which infuriates me. What I meant with what I said was that science was taking those who hold it to that high value to hell not trusting individuals.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    This reduces the "why" question to the more rational and mundane question of "how"?

Indeed. But I don't think the " how" is more rational than "why". Is more practical.

I tried to live with this mentality but at some point when you achieve a lot of " how" you finally starts to see the limits of this view and the "why" starts to grow in your mind.

But that's me. I for one cannot live ignoring my mind searching for "why". Is hard for me to accept there's people who doesn't care for "why".

Like a neutrino born in the heart of the Sun and takes millions of years to reach the surface and goes in a crazy angle towards the Earth and hits a DNA strand in the left testicle of a Drone Bee and it gives him a hereditary mutation and so on...

What we call random is a lot of frugal causes that we don't care to think about.

But the theory of information (related to Shannon's law I think) says that a very compressed information is indistinguishable from noise.

Things like this "how" makes me think about "why".
  • looter
    looter

Of course you didn't read it because you know you need it. It's sad too, Viviane, because you like to harbor your own ignorance like it's something to be proud of . When an evildoer knows that what they might read may actually bring some sense into them, they decline. Now, believe me, I know why you didn't read what I had to say because you don't value what God says but that's on you because you will ultimately be the one to pay. You go on and on about saying how I proved how stupid I was but then you go and prove how evil and detestable you are to God which is shameful on your part and you should be ashamed of the way you act and treat him. That's what's continually worse about this, that you continue to bombard in like you just did saying that he is impotent.

The only stupid logic here is yours as you continue to say that you can not hate the Lord but you continue to mock him on a regular basis on this entire forum. Just why would you continually mock someone you claim to not believe. That's being dishonest about your true feelings and beliefs about the Lord. You act like he has done something to you. But what has he really done besides create you and nurture you and let you be the way you are? If anything, that's the worst thing he has done was let you come out here and proclaim your ignorance and hatred of him for the whole forum to see. And worst yet you have pride in it whichyou should know, sugar, is evil pride. If only you knew how unhealthy that really is and how much you really need to start changing your attitude, always implying that I'm beneath you time and time again. Be lucky you are not my daughter.

• cofty
    cofty
    Things like this "how" makes me think about "why" - John_Mann

Then you need to be more Zen about life and stop inventing hellfire/purgatory/angels/demons etc to explain things that don't need an explanation beyond "shit happens".

Good night

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit