Invisible Rulership - one of the dumbest things I ever believed in

by Black Man 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know, invisible reign. Every eye will see Him when he returns. Nothing about invisible return anywhere in the Bible.
  • Perry
    Perry

What Beth said.

It's not like Jesus didn't explicitly warn would-be victims of the Watchtower beforehand:

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers [or invisible]; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be - Mt. 24:26
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Beth Sarim
    I know, invisible reign. Every eye will see Him when he returns. Nothing about invisible return anywhere in the Bible.
    Well said!!
  • bradford
    bradford

Invisible rule, invisible forces in heavenly places, unexplainable anointing by holy spirit. Damn. Thanks for reminding me of all the good things

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Black man:

I never believed this ridiculous teaching either.

This, along with other things like divine claims, paradise earth, etc., went in one ear and out the other.

• Zoos
    Zoos

It doesn't bother me that I believed THAT any more than the rest of the rubbish. I was a born-in. Perfect - and reasonable - excuse.

The thing that rustles my jimmies is when I hear of otherwise intelligent adults who convert into this religion with it's invisible, overlapping - ness.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Tell the eldubs when they ask about your lack of meeting attendance or fs about your "invisible presence". See if they buy it!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Odorless.

Silent.

Intangible.

Invisible.

(nonexistent)

• St George of England
    St George of England

There's plenty of evidence for it though!

According to Governing Body member Stephen Lett (who last month appeared in the inaugural JW Broadcasting episode), the evidence that Jesus has been ruling in the heavens for the past 100 years is more compelling than the evidence for “gravity, electricity” and “wind!” (JWSurvey)

George (ashamed and embarrassed to have ever believed such twaddle)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    I'm having sex with Kate Upton at the moment...invisibly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit