Invisible Rulership - one of the dumbest things I ever believed in

by Black Man 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I agree with you BM, invisible spirits, invisible God and invisible events plus never arriving promises...all these and more guaranteed by the Watchtower organisation...what a joke, what a complete waste time and a devastating waste of countless millions of people's lives.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

Hey banana...

Was at one of the mega churches last week. Just staring at what an impressive structure and logistics its takes to get these things built. I couldnt help but thinking about all the people, energy, needless suffering and all the money.... throughout history that has been expended in the name of religion. For an unprovable deity that does not intervene in our lives at all.

Oh well... gotta spend the lives, time and money somehow eh?

pbrow

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Japan had an invisible ruler for years, WW2..
  • ssn587
    ssn587
    Invisible D-D yeah they will believe that one...NOT
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Invisible rulers need our Visible money apparently....

Maybe we should donate in the same manner as the rulership? Invisibly.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Almost every alternative concept WTS has come up with over the past 70-ish years (no matter how weird or goofy) has been the equivalent of a software patch to try and correct past prediction failures.
  • Black Man
    Black Man

Bttt!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thank you for reviving this awesome thread!

For all new ones who missed it the first time, -Enjoy!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    I'm having sex with Kate Upton at the moment...invisibly.

Damn. Kate had telepathically said to me that we were exclusive.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Of course, the kicker is that originally the invisible presence was supposed to have begun in 1874. All because Nelson H Barbour’s prediction of a visible return of Christ did not happen in that year. Then Russell invited Barbour to prove to him that the invisible presence began in 1874—and Russell was sold on that and of Barbour’s idea that 1914 was the end of the “Gentile Times”.

It wasn’t until over 50 years later that the invisible presence was shifted from 1874 to 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit