Invisible Rulership - one of the dumbest things I ever believed in

by Black Man 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

Having now been out of the cult for a few years, it really shocks me about some of the nonsense I used to believe in. Like for instance, Christ ruling in the midst of his enemies, but doing so INVISIBLY.

Let's let that one sink in for a minute. You've supposedly got a king who is ruling for a kingdom, but it is an INVISIBLE RULE. That ranks as one of the DUMBEST crocks I've ever believed in. The whole purpose of rulership is to be VISIBLE and be recognized as such.

To have once believed in someone who was ruling invisibly and doing so for well over 100 years, with no sign of progress or action was just plain embarrassing and dumb.

Wow, the bridge they sold me………...

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Agreed... Especially considering they changed their tune after nothing visible happened. Convenient much?

It's a face-palm for sure.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, so very strange. Michael the archangel standing and then standing up. Ugh. And it was all sooooo significant!

All their stupid inane unsupportable teachings. How did we ever come to believe in it so fervently? Ugh.

I had a very wise friend tell me that the religion must have given me something I needed.... And perhaps that is true, but they extracted a very large price.

Other inanities:

- that it is really better NOT to preach as people who don't hear "the truth" are said to be given a resurrection rather than the poor saps who refused a paltry magazine and now merit everlasting destruction.

Just ugh.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

To get back to topic.... Yes, the invisible rulership thing is such a doozy.

Not to mention the "spiritual paradise" .... Meaning more invisibility.

And we have Jesus, always shown with grey hair despite being perfect & not aging as the rest of his imperfect followers. Anyway. Jesus, with his grey hair (and beard) ruling invisibly over us and granting us a spiritual paradise by means of a publishing house ... I mean, the one and only true religion on earth today, governed by his very own specially anointed brothers, who get to instantly receive perfect and everlasting (and immortal!!) life in heaven to be co-rulers over the rest of us slogs as we strive for 1,000 years to become perfect and deal with a massive cleanup job on the earth, and then face more judgement and tests, when Jesus lovingly releases Satan from his bondage so we can be tested and tempted by him one last (?) time ....

Yes, God certainly loves us so much.

Geez. I went off topic again.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Other inanities:
    - that it is really better NOT to preach as people who don't hear "the truth" are said to be given a resurrection rather than the poor saps who refused a paltry magazine and now merit everlasting destruction.

Exactly my feelings! Also, I reasoned that the more I preached, the more bloodguilty I was as I was not able to follow up on all those who I called on. Giving them literature wasn't enough, if we don't follow up & they end up dying at Armageddon, it's still our fault as we were not thorough in accomplishing our ministry. So I said fuck that & quit service altogether!

• Divergent
    Divergent

And we have Jesus, always shown with grey hair despite being perfect & not aging as the rest of his imperfect followers.

Hey Muddy, it wasn't always that way...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's just a religious twist on the invisible clothes on the very visible ruler:

The emperor is naked, ... and he's fat and ugly too!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ah, interesting pics, thank you, Divergent!

Had to laugh at you giving up on the impossible "ministry"! Good for you!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    The beauty of selling an invisible product is that you do not need to prove anything. Genius!
  • pbrow
    pbrow

I just have to say "eff you" blackman!!

Of all the stupid things i believed and told others about.... your right... this is about as stupid as it gets!

uuuhhhhhgg... Thanks for reminding me!!! (sticks head back in sand)

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit