For any that still believe in God and Jesus, what is your reasoning on this matter?

by BourneIdentity 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    I don't know why innocent babies are killed ... I do know God is good. - Iriddle80

Is this an example of cognitive dissonance?

And I apologise if I have offended anyone!

Never apologise for expressing yourself honestly.

• niknak
    niknak

Cofty,

Are you asking to know or asking to just mock? Wishful thinking is leaving chance and not having a source for which it will come about. Faith in God is Saying what you want, Knowing what you need and knowing that God can and will provide it for you in the perfect time. Not our time. Kind of like the law of attraction which is correct up until it tries to convince you that you are your own God. Which I refuse to even say cause I can't make a human being with my own hands or the earth or the moon or the stars. so, I am obviously not God and will never be.

Like "Doubting Thomas" in the Bible he was one that needed evidence and Jesus gave it to him. All the events in the Bible have been historically proven and current events around the world are in the works before our eyes and are listed also in the Bible. Now if you decide to ignore the proof then that's on you, the same way it was on the people during the days of Noah, Moses, and sodom and Gomorrah.

God sent the Holy Spirit during pentecost to sit upon the ones praying and waiting for Jesus promise and the Holy Spirit was able to speak in tongues that were not their own native language but of the ones who witnessed this happening and they understood and heard the word and were amazed. That day 3000 people believed and of course their were those that needed more proof cause not everyone followed. But not everyone will because the blind will see and the ones who see will become blind.

Salvation is individual. Thank God we don't have the responsibility of having to judge the world. If you want to know more. Study it. Meditate on it and pray to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself.

I know and accept that the Bible is God's word and it will and does speak for itself. I seriously recommend that you seek Him and His word. I can only explain my beliefs but you need to experience it for yourself. If you choose not to then your questions are in vain, for they are not very edifying for those on here that are really searching for directions to the Father and long for a relationship with Him.

I still love everyone on this page who participates, despite our differences in belief. But keep in mind that there are people on both ends reading this and we need to tread lightly so that we are not guilty of causing someone to stumble.

God Bless

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Seems to me that Jesus was a new deity they were pushing like Serapis. He had several attributes of older and current gods to try and get people to worship him and his qualities were written to be almost the exact opposite of the Old Testament creator god. Marcion hated Jehovah and wrote his bible to exclude anything about him focusing only on Jesus. Maybe the Bible we have today took cues from this idea.

• cofty
    cofty
    Are you asking to know or asking to just mock? - Niknak

I haven't said anything even remotely mocking in tone. This is a religious discussion forum. I'm discussing religious belief.

Faith in God is Saying what you want, Knowing what you need and knowing that God can and will provide it for you in the perfect time.

That makes god sound like a cosmic vending machine.

If he provides all his children's needs in perfect time why does he frequently leave them to die in pointless natural disasters?

All the events in the Bible have been historically proven

But that really isn't so. Just for two examples there was no Adam and Eve. Humans evolved over millions of years from common ancestors of non-human animals. There was no global flood. These things are beyond sensible debate.

If you want to know more. Study it. Meditate on it and pray to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself.

It's possible that my bible knowledge is as good as yours if not better. I was a born-again christian for about 9 years after I left the cult.

I know and accept that the Bible is God's word and it will and does speak for itself.

But you don't 'know' that the bible is god's word. You accept that despite an overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary. Evidence that you seem to be unaware of.

we need to tread lightly so that we are not guilty of causing someone to stumble

We have nothing to fear from sharing facts and exchanging ideas. If somebody's beliefs are so fragile then they really need to be held up to scrutiny.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

People still believe because Ant Mo and G. Lö couldn't destroy their faith.

Click to watch them dance: http://i.imgur.com/clJnN8a.gif

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    cofty

It's possible that my bible knowledge is as good as yours if not better. I was a born-again christian for about 9 years after I left the cult.

How does being a JW or born again Christian make your biblical knowledge better? You were never a Catholic, and they're the ones that taught the bible is the word of God. They're the 'men' who put the bible together specifically for their liturgical practices. People like you who thought they knew better tried to make a religion from a Catholic book. Your faiths were.created by men, that's why your faiths have no fruits. Explain, if you can. How does that work?

More blah, blah, blah

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    • Post from 'Who is Lord"cofty

Steel - I was an evangelical xtian. I probably understand theology better than most christians.

The trinity is nowhere in the bible.

Remember that thread? You never did reply to my explanation of the Trinity. At least we don't have to suffer your foolish 'No one can explain the Trinity in their own words' blah, blah. blah bullshit anymore.

What an arrogant bully you are Cofty

The Truth Will Set You Free

ps- doesn't hurt my feelings when YOU dislike my post

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The existence of the original manuscripts coupled with ancient artifacts that mention people in the bible as true historical figures.

What really baffles my mind is how those same people that accept the validity of ancient writings and manuscripts treat the bible manuscripts as folklore. Nobody questions the authenticity of Julius Cesar's writings or other emperors in and around that same time period yet they're quick to dismiss the bible.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Tenacious - Do those other writings that you mentioned relate stories of talking snakes, global floods, seas parting, talking donkeys, immaculate conceptions, invisible wars in heaven, people raised from the dead, people healed of blindness, etc.? I haven't read them, but things like that make a book sound like folklore, much like the Greek gods and stories of them. I don't question that men wrote the bible but I do question that a magic sky fairy directed their hands.

• cofty
    cofty
    How does being a JW or born again Christian make your biblical knowledge better? - TPWSYF

It doesn't obviously. The vast majority of evangelicals and catholics have very little knowledge of the bible. Niknak told me I needed to read the bible AND ask god to reveal himself. I told him that my bible knowledge was excellent AND that I used to be a christian.

that's why your faiths have no fruits - TPWSYF

The fruits of the Catholic church have been pretty disgraceful. If it had put as much effort into helping others as it puts into protecting pedophiles it would be impressive.

You never did reply to my explanation of the Trinity. - TPWSYF

Yes you're right I never did. There was nothing to reply to as you didn't explain anything. You just offered a couple of metaphors about the personification of god's word and actions.

You still haven't explained the trinity.

The existence of the original manuscripts coupled with ancient artifacts that mention people in the bible as true historical figures - Tenacious

Baker Street really exists. Sherlock Holmes doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit