For any that still believe in God and Jesus, what is your reasoning on this matter?

by BourneIdentity 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty, I guess the first thing I would challenge is that any life is "innocent" because there is original sin - Iriddle80

What did a baby do to be deserving of suffering?

Try to avoid parroting dogma and tell me what you really think?

• blondie
    blondie

Look at the WTS explanation of why god killed 70,000 people with a plague (selected by David from several choices god gave him) for disobeying god and taking a census though a close friend of David warned him of the consequences of doing so.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1969209?q=70%2C000+pestilence&p=par

As a punishment for this sin Jehovah brought three days of pestilence that killed 70,000Israelites. (2 Sam. 24:12-16) Was that unjust? Were 70,000 innocent people dying for the king’s error? The Bible plainly shows that we all are sinners deserving of death; it is only by God’s undeserved kindness that we live. (Rom. 3:23; 6:23; Lam. 3:22, 23) So those who died had no special “right” to life. Additionally, can any human today say for sure that those 70,000 were not guilty of some serious sin not mentioned in the historical record?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well said Blondie. We had a good debate about that passage in 2 Samuel years ago..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess the first thing I would challenge is that any life is "innocent" because there is original sin, though if you don't believe in that, then it's pointless to argue.

OMG! We're going back to the f*cking ridiculous story of the talking snake that results in humankind being cursed.

Image result for you can't fix stupid

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

:)

Ok, ok, my official response is:

I don't know why innocent babies are killed.

I do know God is good.

And I apologise if I have offended anyone!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To me, belief is like a pair of crutches. If you need them to be able to walk then fine. But can those who struggle with them honestly tell those who walk freely without them that Their way is better?

No, It is only better than not walking at all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Religion is the opium of the people. ~ Marx

(NOT Groucho!)

• niknak
    niknak

Cofty,

God is only hidden to those who are hard hearted. If you believe and you draw near, and He will reveal Himself and draw near. You have to walk by faith and not by sight. But in my case, He has revealed Himself to me. I heard His voice, I have felt His presence and He has come to me in my dreams. Not all the time. But in the right times. It's something that is individual just like our salvation.

• niknak
    niknak

Bro-Jo,

What I meant by us is the human race. Since Jesus died for us, I have not been disciplined like what was explained in the Bible, but I have put myself through a lot of heartache and pain from my poor decisions to lead a life that was contrary to the God's principles. But when I was in my own hell and contemplating suicide, I heard His voice say to me "Don't do it because I love you". At that moment I felt a great weight lifted off of me and all negativity just vanish. From that moment for the following 6 days I read the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). My eyes were opened. I then studied the Word for the next 3 months out of 5 different Bibles (3 of which were JW Bibles). My journey has been an amazing one since. I have been corrected by the word of God and He has been changing me, making me new and getting rid of my old ways. I hated to be wrong in my old life. I was very stubborn, selfish, arrogant, and hardhearted. Since my baptism. I have turned to Proverbs and the things I would not want to hear from other people, God had right there in black in white confirming how wrong my views were. Now I have learned to become more forgiving, Loving, Selfless, humble and grateful. Now I have come a long way but I still have a ways to go. It doesn't change over night. It's a process. But I can't really put into words how happy I am in my new life that has accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

• cofty
    cofty
    You have to walk by faith and not by sight. - Niknak

Niknak how is that different from wishful thinking?

Every religion and cult depends on faith rather than facts. All of them can cite amazing experiences and feelings. Are they all true?

God is only hidden to those who are hard hearted

Is 'hard-hearted' what you call people who respectfully ask for objective evidence?

I heard His voice

Is that a metaphor? If not what accent does god have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit