For any that still believe in God and Jesus, what is your reasoning on this matter?

by BourneIdentity 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Some might say that reasoning away a belief in God or Jesus only produces logical fallacies, but I don't care. My faith gets weaker and weaker every day.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Hey now don’t pick on my belief in god! They discovered two black holes last month confirming the theory. I always thought god was an evil piece of shit and this discovery proves it and proves he exists to me. lol.

• niknak
    niknak

Smiddy3,

In the Old Testament God showed love to those who were obedient. There are many of situations where He showed love although He was upset. One example is in Genesis. When Adam and Eve sinned, He didn't just destroy them or be totally angry, He instead made clothes to cover them since they now saw a problem with being in their skin only. Second example was when Cane killed Able. He didn't react like just an angry God. He made Cane live with that. A third example is when He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. He allowed Abraham to question Him a bunch of times and because Abraham loved Lot and God considered Abraham a friend, He spared Lot and his family. The list goes on and on. The best way to answer your question is to compare any good parent that wants the best for their children. Being a parent isn't easy and you can't always be the nice guy if you are trying to steer your child in the right direction. Jesus is just like His Father. They are one. The time Jesus had here on earth was not to judge or punish, it was to show them in the flesh and give them a chance to choose right from wrong. God doesn't change His views, points, commandments, etc. He changes His approach. Not all humans learn the same way. Jesus does make it clear that when the day of judgement comes it will be the most horrific experience for those who will be destroyed. He will not be laughing or smiling with the people who have become so consumed with their flesh that they totally disregard Him and His commands.

I hope this answers your question.

• blondie
    blondie

niknak, your statements leave out some stories in the bible.

"In the Old Testament God showed love to those who were obedient."

For example, King David deliberately disobeyed god's law regarding adultery and murder. The WTS says he was not put to death, as the law required, while the Law code did not have a escape clause, there were no exceptions. There is no record in the bible of any other Israelite being forgiven for adultery and murder because they had show mercy in other areas of their lives.

So why was David worthy of god's forgiveness in regards to 2 capital offenses under the Law code, definitely he was disobedient.

Even later, he continued to disobey god regarding the census, even disregarding the advice of his advisor. David chose a punishment that killed 70,000 Israelites (no record of them being disobedient), thus dying for David's sin, while David was not punished.

As a child even, I wondered why some Israelites were given a pass, and others, like King Saul, and his obedient son Jonathan, were allowed to die by god.

• niknak
    niknak

Blondie,

There are things that God allows to happen in order to have His word come to pass. Which even strengthens my comment that He has shown love to those undeserving from the beginning. So He isn't an anger mean God cause that would make Him bad. But, He is "good" and "Love".

NIV Matthew 16:25

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

There are many other scriptures but I try to keep it as simple as possible for this page cause it's better to fellowship with your brothers and sisters in person to really get deep on the topics.

When God gives us what we don't deserve that is an example of His Grace. And when God spares us from the bad we actually deserve that is Him giving us Mercy. When he gives us both, that is a blessing.

Remember He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Jesus had to finally walk on earth and redeem us with the price of his blood, in order to give a chance, cause if not, we were about to seriously be done away with all together. Thats how much we have fallen away from Him.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There are things that God allows to happen in order to have His word come to pass.

If there was a god (which i'm fairly certain there isn't) who actually operated in this manner, he would be a monster. Because what that means that everything else in the universe is secondary to him being right.

Any human that had the ability to stop suffering but declined to do it in order to make a point, or in order to somehow claim to be right about a point, would rightfully be called evil, and cruel... and so is your god -- even if just imaginary.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    In the Old Testament, God was always full of anger and jealousy resulting in the murder of millions of people

Very true. The God of the old testament boils with anger and jealousy, even for petty reasons. This is absolute imperfection.

However the Bible says that god is the Epitome of perfection. How can we reconcile this ? Cannot...and hence the Bible falls apart

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Anybody ever wonder why the Gospels were written down if the end was meant to come so soon?

I always felt the same about TV GUIDE... why pront it if the info inside is only relevant for such a short period...

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit from reading the Bible.

But also, in my own life, as I pray and watch my life, I see God comforting me, supporting me when I have no strength, being so faithful to meet my needs and to let me know that he is here and is with me in ways that blow my mind.

This life on Earth can be a waking nightmare, but God never fails to let me know he is with me and that he loves me and will never leave me or forsake me.

• cofty
    cofty

Lriddle80 - If god is so loving and cares about your individual needs how do we explain the capricious destruction of innocent lives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit