Gerrit Losch Claims JW's Attending College Are Spiritually Weak

by pale.emperor 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The part where he mentions that Elders send there kid off to college. Well, we can't tell people what to do. You just spent the entire talk telling people what to do. If Elders are putting there kids in college and this is a sign of a lack of faith. Why are these Elders still our spiritual leaders if they lack faith? I would hate to put my trust in a surgeon who lacked skills or training. Just sayin.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well now, the GB can't have witnesses getting an education...they might just "think themselves out of The Truth"!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think this talk was disgusting. This Guy is a delusional moron. No wonder people are dropping like flies in the cult.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"We want to PRAISE those who drop out of college.

What happened to Don't Give Up?

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

So... making it through college is akin to trying to commit suicide by putting the barrel of a riffle in your mouth and pulling the trigger. You might survive, but he doesn't recommend trying it.

Does anyone else see this is an absurd analogy? I see nothing where attempted suicide by riffle is in any way like pursing a college education. Where the fuck does this nincompoop come up with this shit?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Hi guys,

while I do appreciate the link, this recording is from quite an old assembly program. While they haven't changed their tune, I did think that this was something new.

no-zombie

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

One of the last Sunday talks I went to, was from a young Elder that I had babysat when he was a kid. He had always given imaginative talks before with some humor. The regular speaker hadn't shown up, so he prepared a fill in talk.

As he stood at the podium, his face was already dark and angry. It was about college. Of course, Korah the rebel was brought up and as he spoke, his words were grating and harsh. After all was said and done with these illustrations and examples, this is what he concluded with.

There are pages and pages of warnings by the GB about why we shouldn't go to college, but some people point to one paragraph that says "it's up to your conscience" as an excuse to ignore all the counsel.

So you see, it isn't up to your conscience, it is just what the GB says. It was a sad day for me to realize that this bright young man, had been twisted into such a person. But then, I would have accepted such counsel just a year before.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I love how he says "we are not masters of your faith", we can't tell you what to do. Then he proceeds to tell people what to do. If you are in college, drop out!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I had a "friend" who is a still in JW tell me the org is not telling people not to attend college. It's amazing how much most just can't or won't see it. An Elder told us that he called the branch to ask if it was ok to send his kid to college. They told him it was a personal decision. That IS NOT what this talk is conveying. This is an al carte organization, pick and choose what you want. What a load of BS.

• Steel
    Steel

My wife just started an education fund for our 2 year son, yet we have to drive eight hours to an assembly.

Stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit