meeting with elders about WT involvement in UN

by LevelThePlayingField 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Giordano
    Giordano

Level the Playing field is it possible you are trying to sever the JW connection? Is your anger over the UN issue more about you having a reason to step away?

It can really become toxic after a while.....especially when your awake. Sitting in a meeting grinding your teeth as you listen to self serving nonsense.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Giordano - right. I can't step away or sever the JW connection right now because of my in wife. That would crush her. Besides she has some handicaps that she needs me for and I guess for now I will just have to suffer through this.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I understand LTPF and for sure the local congregation is not going to help her with her handicaps.

But you have to have something for yourself are you sure she would be crushed if you took some time off attending?

Good luck with the meeting.......... remember the Elders value sincerity....if you can fake it you've got it made!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...Do you accept that the GB are and have been chosen by Jehovah as the FDSL for all mankind?..."

You could complain about the WTS being involved with blood diamonds, human trafficking, Columbian cartels, and fascism, and the elders would still ask this.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

OK, so I met with the two elders today. I went pretty much like you all have stated, like shit. It was supposed to be a shepherding call but they didn't even pray with me. The one brother was 20 minutes late to the meeting. He rolls in and just plunks down and doesn't say anything to me at all as I am talking to the first elder. But I am making eye contact with him as though to say hello but he doesn't even look up. He just works his dumb JW.org on his tablet or whatever.

So we finally get down to business and, well, the whole meeting was two hours, but let me just give you the highlights. I ask if they believe that the brothers were involved in the United Nations. And the one elders says, I don't know. And really it doesn't matter to me. And then he went on and described all the new light that has happened through out the years. This change, that change, we get the idea. And he says this doesn't bother him a bit. He mentioned how at one time at Bethel there was Christmas. I said, yeah, that's different, because back then, the brothers didn't know any better. But here, with the UN, you have the slave railing on Christendom for their involvement in it for years and years, and then they do the very same thing! He said, "This is apostate!" I said, "fuck you!" No, I wish I did. But i just had to through that in there. Come on, you wanted a good thread right? But seriously, I just looked at him and didn't say a word. He went on and said that the Guardian news paper could have apostates working for them for all we know. I said, Oh, I never thought of that. (playing dumb)

At this point I realized what I was up against. I didn't want to loose my in wife and had better shape up quickly or they would catch on to me know the truth about the truth. So I just sat there while they went on there rant for a while. I nodded and acknowlged this and that and felt like a prostitute. But it was either that or stand up and then face a judicial committee. Sorry guys and gals, but this is the truth here. No, I wasn't some brave apostate that went in the doors with guns a-blazin'. But how I wish I could have been. If my wife was hip to TTATT I would have stood my ground no doubt.

But I saw the fear in his eyes when I asked if he wanted to see the letter with the letterhead from the UN explaining how the WT was part of the UN for 10 years ect. He didn't even want to look at it. He said anything that is negative is apostate. Anything on the news or in print so we must not even look at it. Then,...

Then he had me read Matt 4 about Jesus being tempted by the devil and he asked me, so what did Jesus do when tempted the 3 times by the devil. I replied, well, Jesus said it is written. He said, right, but, it means that he rejected it immediately. And that's what you must do when you see anything that is negative about Jah's org. Reject it immediately. I thought, this scripture has nothing to do with this scripture! WTF. I asked him do you believe news reports when they show a positive light on our org? He said Maybe. It depends... I thought, I can't believe this is happening.

All in all, I didn't feel the love at all. I felt more like I was at the police station and they were the cops and I was the trying to proclaim my innocence. They didn't show much love for me. I think, like all of you friends here on this site have warned me about, once I started asking them how they felt about the GB being part of the UN, their defensive flags went up and that held for the rest of the meeting.

Let me say this. I have been on this board/site for a couple years now. There is a lot of knowledge/wisdom to the learned from the folks that are on here. So I want to thank each one of you for your help.

When I left the meeting, both elders were both thinking that I was not an apostate. That I had just "stumbled" on some news article from the Guardian about the UN. And that I will be, well, OK and just peachy very soon, because I will reject anything that is negative about Jah's org. (yes, I did agree to this. I might have lied just a tad on this one, especially since I'm here posting this... :)

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I just remembered this one point that elder stuck-up made. He said that now a days, even people who point to articles like a 1972 WT or something is, No we don't even consider that anymore. He said that anything we need is online, meaning the Watchtower on line library from 2000 onward, and the WT library CD ROM is being outdated.

My eyes could have busted out of my head. It's coming. The day when we don't have a leg to stand on anymore. These deluded people will believe whatever "truths" are published today. And tomorrow if it's changed they cheer.

God help us.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

" ... He went on and said that the Guardian news paper could have apostates working for them for all we know. I said, Oh, I never thought of that..."

That really is quite a statement. It is a good reason for you to examine further if the Guardian may have apostates working for it. Being as the Guardian is one of the sources of information you rely on to keep abreast with social events you will have to be careful but not necessarily reject it outright. You may want to ask the elder who suggested this to instruct you on how you will be able to determine if apostates are actually working for the paper. Tell him you are eager to examine all your sources of information and you will use his instructions to weed out any sources that are apostate. Perhaps you could ask if you could repeat his statement to other ears. It must have some truth to it or why would he utter the statement? You would want to assure him that he could not be guilty of slander if there is a basis of truth to his statement and not just something that he thought of at the moment.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The next time anyone quotes anything from The Guardian, tell them Brother so-and-so stated that it was an apostate source............................DOC

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for the update.

Sadly, it was always going to go that way.

And now, you are on their radar for thinking apostate thoughts....

Tread carefully now! They WILL be monitoring WHO you talk to, and WHAT you talk about....

• Hecce
    Hecce

Since the dreaded word apostate came out in the conversation keep your guard up, this is not over yet; it is very possible that after talking to the other elders they might want to follow this. If that is the case act dumb, no arguments whatsoever; just listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit