meeting with elders about WT involvement in UN

by LevelThePlayingField 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you want any chance of extracting your friends and family you have to do it without identifying yourself as Satan's Minion. Remember that once you do that, they have been taught to disregard everything you say. Every warning about apostates and individuals weak in the faith you ever heard from the platform and in ragazines .... your family heard that too.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    It came about that the elders knew of my pissed off attitude about the society getting involved in the UN

How did they come to know?

This is very important to know.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You can`t reason with fanatics.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Here is my thoughts for what it's worth.

Illustration: I like to swim. Down the road is the YMCA who have a leisure centre. I want to join so that I can access their swimming pool - not their church / beliefs - just their swimming pool.

If I did the above, would I be disciplined by the Elders? I think odds on I definitely would. Therefore, is it not hypocritical of the society to join the UN to access their library?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

If you are worried about being labelled an apostate then just talking about the UN will be a huge mistake.

If the elders coming to see you do any kind of research on line, they will see that the UN issue is a favourite among apostates. You are therefore already at great risk of being accused of being one.

If you flash a UN letter under their noses, you will be hauled before a judicial committee quicker than you can say 'repentance'.

The fact they know you have been talking to either your wife or her mother has probably already put you in the position of actually being an apostate.

If you don't want to get booted out, it would be advisable for you to downplay what you know and keep all the information about the UN to yourself.

Best of luck on that one...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    1. I agree with others: there's no point in talking with elders about this. It will not wake them up, it will only get you in trouble. Don't do it.
    2. If you do have that talk, be sure to research Watchtower involvement in the OSCE first. It's full blown political lobbying. Evidence as recent as this year. And it can't be reasoned away as 'just a library card'. This helps you to show a pattern in Watchtower behavior.
  • atomant
    atomant

heres some information in defence of the watchtower involvement.Watchtower as a United Nations NGO - jehovahsjudgment.co.uk

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You may believe, and they may have told you they are meeting with you to discuss the UN involvement. But the likelihood is the only item on the agenda of the meeting is your ideological purity and commitment to the governing body. Don't expect them to be interested in you or your ideas and you won't be disappointed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A meeting will have 3 elders vs 1 of you...

Do the math: The results are obvious. Why subject yourself to such an unfair and inappropriate proceeding?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All of the above!

If you willingly walk into a minefield, expect that something very painful is going to happen to you.

Tell one of the elders (not two!) that you've decided to leave such things "in Jehovah's hands," and thanks for the offer of advice - but not at the moment! Let him tell his friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit