Loved & Lost?

by StinkyPantz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Do you agree with this quote? Why? or Why not?

"'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all."

• smack
    smack

as Agent K said

Try It

I think he meant no.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm not sure. In some ways, it's very true. If it's true love, or love of a good friend, there's nothing else like it. But upon loss, the hurt can be very very deep. Is it worth it?

Overall though, since we all have a need to love and feel loved, I'd say yes, it's probably true.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I don't agree. I lost a true love, and the pain of that loss haunts me to this day. If I would never had met here I would be better off. I would rather deal with the thought of never loved.

• cat1759
    cat1759

What a deep subject first thing in the morning.

While I understand what the other posters said about this I have to agree with the saying.

Before I met and fell in love with this wonderful man I had no idea what love was. It was so deep that you could float and the pits were so deep you thought you would never come back from hell.

Without this experience I would never have known how deep life truly is. How deep our feelings do run. The emotions that we don't access on a daily basis but lay hidden until that precise moment when you actually realize you love this person beyond all reason and can't even explain it away or put it in a box.

A deep learning experience. This man was not my husband.

Cathy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

yes, no, yes, no, yes...

Darn - what an awful question!!!

It's a two-edged sword.
    The loss can be soooo painful.
    Is it worth it???

~sigh~

LT of the "I have tasted loss and it's often worse than it's cracked up to be" class

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I agree. Tho the losing part is like part of your soul being ripped apart and withering into nothingness. But the memories are sweet. At least you have loved and lived, not merely existed.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Although the pain is unbearable at times I think that if we give ourselves the opportunity to grow from the experience and allow it to enrich our lives then most definitely YES

Each experience we have, whether positive or negative can be learned from. Each experience is an opportunity. Each opportunity can enrich our lives.

To have never loved or been loved leaves one empty.

Lost love is not something one naturally dies from. We recover and move on - hopefully wiser and stronger and willing to try again when we are ready.

• northern girl
    northern girl

Wonders never cease ... I agree with obiwan!!!

It would be better to never know ... the loss is too consuming!!!

northern girl

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    It would be better to never know ... the loss is too consuming!!!

True, but would you avoid it at the expense of never having loved? I don't think I would... I think I agree with the original quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit