Loved & Lost?

by StinkyPantz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

The proverbial "chicken before the egg" question comes to mind here. It's true, hindsight is 20/20, but as I said before, knowing both sides, I still stand by my original statement

• northern girl
    northern girl

drwtsn32:

Yes, I'd avoid it ... better to never know ... then you avoid the loss. Especially if the loss never fades.

northern girl

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I would have to say YES!!!! I lost a true love, probably the love of my life or I felt my true soul mate. After I worked through all the pain and anger, I was left with wonderful memories. I had to work at it, but even now I still think of him and now feel thankful that he was in my life. He also is not my husband.

Leslie

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Forty years after my first marriage ended in divorce I can still remember the pain this breakup caused. If Lady Lee had been around it would have been a lot less painful because I could have used the following advice :

Although the pain is unbearable at times I think that if we give ourselves the opportunity to grow from the experience and allow it to enrich our lives then most definitely YES

I did learn from the experience, but really didn't look at it as a "learning experience." Bug

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I agree with Lady Lee...it would be a really dull "ride" if our roller coaster of life was always on a flat track...

Frannie B

• northern girl
    northern girl

Roller coasters are often highly over-rated. They even make some people nausious. An even keel is the way to go.

northen girl

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Of course the answer is YES. You have to take the good with the bad and learn from it. Go forward richer for the experience.

Each relationship brings us something. My first husband beat me..from that I learned strength and that I will never again be a victim. My second husband cheated on me...but from him I got my son. My third ...well...from his lies I learned to be true to myself and my beliefs. To not compromise.

From each joy/beginning and pain/ending, I have come out a better, stronger woman. It has helped me to appreciate the love that is given to me now.

If I had to do all over again, I think I would make the same choices. (Although, I might invest in Microsoft ...it's that hindsight thingy)

Lisa

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

IMO, anyone who disagrees with this maxim, probably doesn't have a clear, full picture of what love is, and likely confuses it with obsession.

...tis better not to have obsessed in the first place

Six~ ah love, ain't I a manly splendored thang? lol

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You know I have loved and lost. We were best friends and soul mates. We could discuss everything and I mean everything - no stone was left unturned. We laughed and cried together. We explored the world around us and learned so much from each other. It was a rebirth for me. I still love him and always will. But it wasn't meant to last and I can accept that. But I still miss him.

Would I wish I had never met him? or never loved him?

Not for one single moment. He was a gift in my life when I needed it the most. He sustained me - truly was the wind beneath my wings in so many ways. In fact I doubt I would be alive if he hadn't been there for me.

Love you Yvon always

And no amount of missing him or hurting will ever take that that gift of his love away.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    ah love, ain't I a manly splendored thang

well, i dont know about a MANLY splendored thang... :P

i've only been in love once, so maybe i dont know what i'm talking about, but it seems to me that a life full of love and loss is far better than a life full of emptiness and regret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit