I have been informed that if u are df and you appeal the decision and you loose appeal

by poopie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    The elders will keep you out longer as payback for you appealing their decision how dare you peon appeal the secret weapons design you stupid publisher.
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Were you just DF tonight?

You have 7 days to appeal.
    Someone else knows the ends and outs of this. I don't. All I know is what I read here is that in the Elder's Secret hand book, you can and may appeal. You have the 7 days from tonight (I believe that is the timing) BUT what they don't tell you, is that the Elder's will not tell you out right that you CAN appeal.
    I think our friend 'Flipper' appealed and they took back his DFing.Flipper is on the West Coast and it is 11:20PM here.
    I am sure there are others.
    The UK will be waking up soon and posting.
    Hugs.
    LoisLane

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

As to your OP, it all depends on what kind of dim wits sat in on your JC and how vindictive they are. After all it is just a boys club. Some men are nice and caring. Some men are power hungry dictator psychos. So in the later case, it doesn't matter who you are or what you supposedly did. If you are not in their close circle of friends, then 'forget about it'. If your appeal is turned down (you don't know that yet) and their big boy ruling stands, you bet they will try and make your life as miserable as possible.

It is 'favorites' protect 'favorites'. If you are not their type, they don't really care about you or what happens to you or the chaos that might happen down the road in your life.

Can you relax and get a good nights sleep tonight? At this time of night 11:35PM here, many people in North America are asleep and the UK is still sleeping except for the early risers.

I am sorry you were DF. It is such an inhuman and cruel action to do to anyone.

LoisLane

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You have seven days to appeal after the date of your DF. Be very clear in your reasons to appeal. Make sure you send a copy of the letter of appeal to the CO and your local Bethel branch too.

Eden

• fulano
    fulano

Poopie. Write a letter asap to the CO, branch and the committee.

Write you appeal and do not agree with the decusion. Important! State why you do not agree.

Are the rules not correctly applied, or do you feel you showed repentance. Etc.

The CO will form an appeal committee and will give you a second chance with a new committee. Be prepaired because the original three will show up. They will not be in a good mood.

• fulano
    fulano
    Sorry Eden, I wrote this at the same moment.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Proud, petty, vindictive, callous. Not hard to imagine some elders behaving that way.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I think we need to appreciate the function of the appeals process. Having an appeals procedure allows JWs to believe they are involved in a fair process with checks and balances. It's not about justice or treating the victim well. It's about appearance. As long as the procedure is followed they can believe they are treating you well. Unfortunately personal issues are likely to dominate in such situations. Whether the second set of elders like and respect the first set of elders may weigh more heavily on the appeal than details of the actual case. They simply care more about their standing in relation to each other than they do about the fate of the victim.
  • Splash
    Splash

Does the fact that there even IS an appeals process, and that certain appeals are upheld and the DF verdict reversed, does this show that the original decision and elders on the JC were not led by holy spirit after all?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Appeal or no appeal. RI after DF or not....it all is in the hands of the biggest bully on the BOE or the legal dept fearing a lawsuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit