I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Nonjwspouse

Ancient worshippers of God also had mistaken ideas and expectations and needed to adjust their viewpoint.

God later corrected their misunderstandings, and we pray that he will continue doing the same for us.—James 1:5.

• alcyone
    alcyone

A Believer, let us imagine we live in 1725 AD... tell me how would you search for the true org (TM) if we live in that year.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So wait, you are going to tell me, a third generation JW with the majority of my family members in (elders, pioneers, etc), that I don't know the repercussions of dropping out and you AREN'T EVEN BAPTIZED? LOL - that's like me telling a Scientologist not to worry about things if they left. You have no idea what you are talking about.

And by the way, I don't need my friends to think like me on everything. I have friends of all different religions and no religion, friends that like different food than me, that like different sports teams, etc. The people I'm referring to I would have been friends with regardless of their religious beliefs. That's what friendship is, not a conditional relationship based on whether you agree on everything or not.

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit
    Anthony Morris III

@ A Believer,

I'm not afraid to show my face.

Your turn ...

• Onager
    Onager

I am glad to have found the true religion

glad

found

true

religion

Unless your definition of these terms is radically different from the rest of the English speaking world, I fear this statement is syntactically impossible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A Believer12 minutes agoPunkofnice I am not baptized.

the thing is, my friend. Remember that this cannot be used as an excuse in the organisation. Now, I'm not having a dig at you but just remember that if armageddon did come, being baptised or not would not be a get out clause.

If you are baptised or not, you still must follow the same rules. Believe me; I was an elder for many years. I know how it works. I'm sorry, you still have to mention this to the elders or the person you study with to get yourself spiritually cleansed. Can I suggest that yopu no longer post here if you wish to be a true JW.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    It's hillarious to see you regurgitate the mental gymnastics that JWs must do in order to explain all their failed prophecies
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

"I am glad to have found the true religion"-Scientologists

"I am glad to have found the true religion"-Jehovahs Witnesses

"I am glad to have found the true religion"-Mormons

"I am glad to have found the true religion"-People's Temple (jonestown)

"I am glad to have found the true religion"-Moonies

....and on and on and on

Congratulations! you have unlocked the first trait of a cult!

• A Believer
    A Believer

Well if their was some that didn't get to hear the teaching they will be given a chance to be resurrected and serve Jehovah in the new system. Their may be some when the end comes that don't know about it either. They won't be destroyed and will be given the same opportunity as well.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

IF anything has been "proven beyond a doubt," it's that if Jehovah has an organization, it ain't the WT.

IF there's a Jehovah, which ain't been proven either.

It's good to know the difference between opinions, which A Believer generously sprinkles around, and facts, which are not expressed by A Believer here much, if at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit