The Biggest Issue Is Not Guns—It Is Mental Health!

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We are referencing those who are killing in mass murders . Most of those who have done this are deranged or mentally unbalanced. Please don’t try to say I’m suggesting that if you are mentally unstable that you are going to be a mass murderer. 👎🏿

• Simon
    Simon
    I think the opening question is disgusting. Mentally ill people are more likely to be the victims of crime than the perpetrators of it.

I agree. These are not normal sufferers of mental health. Many times it's people who have self-inflicted mental health issues caused by substance abuse. I don't think it's quite the same thing.

The substance abuse can be the massive overprescribing of opiates and other behavior controlling drugs. Why don't other countries have so many issues on such a big scale? Lower levels of prescribing and better access to affordable healthcare.

• minimus
    minimus

For years. In the USA if you went to the doctor for a hangnail, you were offered a Percocet prescription. Doctors were. always quick to give you drugs. Depressed because you were out of work? Here’s some mind altering drugs Can’t sleep ?? Try this. It will knock you out! Your child is very active? We have just the medicine to calm him down.

The overuse of prescription drugs and not caring properly for those with severe mental issues contribute to what we see .

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

We are referencing those who are killing in mass murders . Most of those who have done this are deranged or mentally unbalanced

A lot of these mass murders are not mentally unbalance or derange, they are just bad people who like to do bad things. And they will use opportunities afforded them to just kill a bunch of people.Opportunities like availability of guns, war, secrecy and etc. A lot of these mass murders are intelligent, educated, family oriented, articulate, but they are just bad people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SJKS6ifoQ

• minimus
    minimus

You can be intelligent and still mentally unbalanced. Educated, family oriented and articulate too.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It’s really the guns though that sets Americans apart, not the mentally ill. You can concentrate on massacres but when looking at total gun deaths the majority are just single murders.

Australia has recently had two massacres where a male has shot and killed family members and killed himself. One man went through the drama of joining a pistol shooting club to obtain the license and revolver he used to shoot his family.

I’ve know people who have given up all their firearms when going through divorce or other rough times, scared they might turn one on themselves. In the USA it’s very easy to obtain guns, they are extremely popular so with gun ownership so high they will always have more gun deaths.

Mental health and gun related deaths are largely separate issues, seems inevitably disastrous though when guns are so accessible even for the legitimately insane.

• minimus
    minimus

I think they are related. They are saying this last massacre’s shooter had MAJOR issues. People who are very messed up commit these atrocities. Normal people who have guns don’t shoot up a place. That’s a fact. More people do no such thing and yet they can be gun owners. How many gun owners DO NOT go a on a killing spree?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Of course the NRA and the worshipers of old documents (written by people to fit their times and places)

Yeah, who the hell needs to worry about the 1st, 4th, or 5th amendments either?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Here in Florida, I could buy an assault weapon as fast as buying a Big Mac at McDonalds.

Yeah...riigghht!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be honestly accepted that having guns readily available in a given population that certain mentally off balanced people will use those guns against the population of where they live in a violent way.

Strict restriction of hand guns and assault type rifles should be enforced if not banned and the marketers of guns should not be involved in making of gun restriction laws.

Some the problems with the US (350 million) that it a wealthy nation with high volume of gun sales and marketing within the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit