Boredom at the Kingdom Hall meetings

by RULES & REGULATIONS 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Put aside all the stupid rules,beliefs,doctrines and practices of the Jehovah's Witnesses.This is one of the main reasons why I stopped attending all meetings! BOREDOM

monotone speakers

awful song book with horrible singing

little kids answering - while everyone thought how cute that was I was cringing

little boys around 10 years old giving a talk while sisters were made to pretend they were in a conversation or study

Watchtower Study- read paragraph and repeat answer like a good little parrot

Public talks-how many times were these talks done

prayers thanking the faithful and discreet slave

ministry school demonstrations where every householder accepts literature or bible study

sending our love to other congregations with applause

coming back from a 4 day assembly and 3 days later having a 45 minute talk on what we just listened to in sweltering heat outside in a stadium in the middle of July

• Landy
    Landy
    Summed it up beautifully!
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    They r brutal! As a still in I have become an expert at shutting my mind down for 1 hr 45 minutes at a time.
  • Darryl
    Darryl
    Ahhh the memories....5 frikkin meetings a week. I heard that they kind of simplified things a bit I was talking to a very old friend recently and the way she talked you barely have to sit in the kingdom hall at all. Sunday about an hour and some change, no book study, shorter ministry school and service meeting. Shorter talk and WT study. Almost makes me want to go back. Yep as soon as hell freezes over. See how far away I've gotten?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

And each and every meeting somehow "the best one yet!"

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Sitting through an all-weekend 3 day convention and then having CO visit the very next week. Telling us we weren't matching-up. Especially on a gorgeous summer evening.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

One of my oldest, and best friends, used to "navigate" the meetings PERFECTLY. His family came in the "truth" when he was very young. From the ages of 5 to 12 years old, him and his brother, would literally fall sound asleep right after the opening song, and snore all the way thru, until the closing song.

It didnt matter if they were sitting in the back row, or dead front, and center. They were out cold, snoring, and counting sheep, at EVERY meeting, including the CO visits, lol.

Needless to say, they were never considered spiritually "strong", and their Father, who was a great guy btw, was always looked down on, for not waking them up. He was probably smart enough to know, that it was "safer" for them to be sleeping, than awake, lol.

My friend who slept thru every meeting, is still to this day, 35 years later, one of my best friends. I havent talked to anyone else from my old Hall, except him, lol.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    Nice summary, and the best part is that all they do is repeat from steps one through 10. It is all the same and they repeat the same information, over and over and over.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You just cant brainwash people like you used to.

I think there's a lot of JWs who still attend thinking most it is a commercialized fraud.

........and you know what, they're right

The Watchtower Publishing house was founded by amateur bible theologians who were more endeavored to sell and promote their literature than anything else.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I believe their failure to deliver CONTENT over the last two decades is really at the root of what we are seeing now.

People demand to be either entertained, or educated when they are spending their free time. The meetings fail miserably on both counts. I'm not sure how often they are dragging out the TVs now, but I'm sure the troops love at least a few minutes away from the boring drones on stage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit