I'm getting baptized

by BlackWolf 150 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    hey Wolf---just forget to take your speedos. they wont dip you if your bare ass nekkid.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Black Wolf start with Doubtfully Yours advice and reread that WT and check carefully if it sets forth a criteria for being ready to be baptized. Go on JW.org and research the JW position on getting baptized.

Secondly ask your parents if they think your ready to get married or old enough to drink at your present age. They are going to say no your to young to experience those things. Tell them you agree you are too young. Which is why you now feel that getting baptized right now is the wrong thing to do. It's a life time commitment that you may not be able to honor.

Mention that you try to do right by your parents but this is not a commitment to them it's a commitment to Jehovah. Being pressured to do something your really not comfortable about is not helping.

Here's another concern Dad your an Elder now what happens to your position if I fail and make a mistake or if I just change my mind and don't think this is the truth? It could reflect badly on you and maybe cost you your position. If I fail........... my family will have to shun me for the rest of there lives.

I've got two more years until I am 18 I don't want this family harmed if I get depressed or act out. Let me finish growing up.

Edited to add:

Your Dad is coercing you to get Baptized he may be getting pressure from the other Elders. He's out of his mind if he thinks you'll remain a JW in good standing .....it's madness. If you don't want to lose your family avoid getting Baptized.

Yes....... I remember some of the problems you mentioned in your other posts.

• KateWild
    KateWild

This thread is not annoying Blackwolf. You are being coerced and forced to do something.

Before you know it you will be pioneering and then getting married to a ministerial servant who will force you to do things you don't want to do aswell.

I understand you have no choice and you have no freedom. I gave you my number so we could talk properly on wifi......but you can't even get the freedom to talk to people without your parents knowing.

The sad thing is they think it's in your best interest and we know it's not.

Keep posting I will support you Blackwolf.

Kate xx

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sweetie, if you have to play the game, then play it. Only you know what you're facing and what you can handle. You're not annoying at all. Any backlash here is just pain speaking from people that also went down a path. If your parents are threatening you, do what you have to do to get through your childhood.

Please take care of yourself. Take it one day at a time. None of us wants to see you baptized because we know what happens later, but ultimately you have to survive today before you can worry about tomorrow.

(((((A million hugs)))))

You mentioned an incident that you don't want to happen again. If you want to share you have listening ears here and we all want to help.

If baptism if in your future, I support you. I wish it didn't have to be that way but understand why it may have to be. They can never take away who you truly are underneath if you don't let them.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    What about saying that you want to finish your college education first and face the test of faith that that will bring in order to know if you are ready? And then once you have finished your education then you high tail it out of there by getting a job and moving out.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Edited to add: Your Dad is coercing you to get Baptized he may be getting pressure from the other Elders. He's out of his mind if he thinks you'll remain a JW in good standing .....it's madness. If you don't want to lose your family avoid getting Baptized.

Put the monkey on your Dad's back. Point blank ask him if that is why he is pressuring you to be baptized even when you don't feel you know enough to do it? is it all so HE will look good?

Perhaps you need to get MORE SERIOUS about this religion.  Perhaps you need to start studying and start asking "those questions" that cannot be answered.  In fact, in the past I would have asked a young JW guy if he could DEFEND The Troof -- now I'd ask you if you can defend TTATT.  Do you really know WHY you don't want to be a JW?  Or, is it just inconvenient?

My teenage kids put me through HELL during our family studies. They actually helped open my eyes to TTATT with all the inconsistencies and contradictions throughout the Bible. Ask your Dad to explain this new "Overlapping Generation" crap.. . .  from the Bible.  Then ask him how "we" arrive at 1914 for the establishment of the Kingdom. Ask him how we apply lunar years to the solar calendar?

Or sneak into his booze cabinet and get shitfaced drunk.  There's reason for them to not allow you to get dunked.

Good luck,

Doc

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Don't do it, please don't do it!!! You do have a choice! Tell your parents you aren't mature enough. Or tell them you want to better understand the scriptures. Don't go into anything "apostate" but please, learn from my mistakes... Don't do it... I'm literally crying for you right now.

Its not "too late" until after you're dunked. Sit your parents down and tell them that you spoke too soon and need to think it over.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Dear friend. I only can post the same thing: don't do this.

If your parents pressure you and if there is no way to escape - you will go thru a long list of questions. Please ask here, be prepared. Give really good but wrong answers. Show you don't understand the questions. Look also thru the article again: it says, if you feel ready, you should do the dip - not because your parents want you there. So please, don't do this. I'm so sorry for you. Stay strong ans out of the water.

Hugs from germany.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm going to tell you my story. I am probably a bit different to most here as I was a borne in who didn't get baptized until he was in his early 20s, and i had a lot of pressure to do so from family and various individuals. Looking back even that was to young. I'm now in my early 40s (I havnt physically been to a meeting in 3 years so I'm well and truly faded) and I now find my self having to be evasive and dodge in order to stay under the radar. Just recently I brought my GF to my place and was threatened by a family member that she was going to tell the elders, and this is 3 years after I had any contact with JW.

Also to I might add if you are already visiting Web sites like this and fully aware of TTATT. Then I would say baptism is only going to make the situation worse. When I was awakening I honestly thought I could play both worlds. It took me about 18 months from that point before I finally walked out of the Hall for the last time.

• Giordano
    Giordano

By the way this is written even the JW's don't want you to get baptized if you feel your not ready.

so the following questions will help you to see if you are ready for baptism: (1) Am I mature enough to make the decision? (2) Do I have a personal desire to do so? (3) Do I understand what it means to be dedicated to Jehovah?

Your parents are actually going against this advice.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-simplified-march-2016/young-ones-ready-baptism/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit