Free to sin but still cannot bring myself to do it

by sinboi 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• deegee
    deegee
    Hey, have most of you become atheist?--------sinboi

Do you believe in Allah, Krishna, Buddha? If not then you are an atheist with respect to these gods.

Do you believe any of the following Holy Books is the word of god?

Tanakh, Talmud, Torah, Vedic Scriptures, Bhagavad Gita, Quran (Koran), Hadith, Avesta

• cofty
    cofty
    stealing, sexual immorality, killing of another human are certainly sins

Stealing is wrong. Society works better when we respect the property rights of others.

What do you mean by sexual immorality? Fidelity within a committed relationship is a good thing. But what about sex for single people? Who says sex between consenting adults is a "sin"? Why?

Killing another human is right or wrong depending on the circumstances.

You need to start to outgrow black-and-white thinking. Ethics are not that simple.

And since you asked, yes the bible is not divinely inspired. It is morally disgusting. You are better than that.

• honest
    honest

You need to get rid of the word sin. There are no sins. There is criminal behaviour and activity but no sins. The concept of sin was made up to keep us captive. Live life ans enjoy it

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Amen honest! Well said!

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from SinBoi:

Now I am worried about my military obligation in a year's time. Will I be able to get myself involve in bayonet fighting?

If you intend to fulfill a military obligation go about it intelligently. One of the first things you'll be given is the Basic Battery to determine your education/intelligence level as a guide to what sorts of skills you may be suited/qualified for. Score high and you'll have a choice of several non-combatant skills in the technical/electronics/intelligence fields or in the medical/dental/hospital fields. There you'll receive excellent job preparation in military schools which are very effective. For services the best choices are: Coast Guard; Air Force and Navy. The Army has some specialties which are non-combatant but should you be drawn to the Marine Corps (a part of the Navy) you'll be a grunt no matter your specialty.

The Marines are great for growth and transformation into maturity but all jobs require battlefield training and field exercises. Marine Corps medics are Navy Hospital Corpsmen who wear the Marine uniform with the Navy Rating Badges.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

SinBoi:

P.S. No need to be in a hurry with regard to the sexual experience.

After you've completed your basic military training it's very likely you'll be assigned overseas to Europe or Asia. Either way, once there, you'll have ample opportunity to acquire whatever level of sexual adventure your heart desires. But go easy. Take it slow and carefully. STDs are now very common and difficult to deal with. The military advantage is that should you acquire one you'll receive the best of treatment at not cost. Well, almost no cost: While healing you'll be restricted without Liberty for a week or two. Too many cases of STD and an Unsuitability Discharge will be arranged. Not good.

• sinboi
    sinboi
    Deegee
    Do you believe any of the following Holy Books is the word of god?
    Tanakh, Talmud, Torah, Vedic Scriptures, Bhagavad Gita, Quran (Koran), Hadith, Avesta

Quran - for muslim. It is the most evil religious book , telling believers to chop off heads of non-believer.

Torah - for the Jews

Talmud - ever heard the name. Don't know who use it.

The rest I have never heard of. I believe that the word of god should be accessible to most people, if not all.

Cofty- What do you mean by sexual immorality? Fidelity within a committed relationship is a good thing. But what about sex for single people? Who says sex between consenting adults is a "sin"? Why?

Sorry Cofty, I won't defend the wt. But I need to defend the bible. He is our creator and does he not has the right to lay down rules and regulations for us? A father has the right to lay down rules for his children. Doesn't he?

I still think that sex b4 marriage is a sin against God. But I still want to try it .

Now regarding sex parties. I found that extremely disgusting. A guy showed me a photo of them at the party. I find it disgusting but yet I go home masturbated thinking about it. But I know I will leave if that is happening right b4 my eyes...

honest - There are no sins. There is criminal behaviour and activity but no sins. The concept of sin was made up to keep us captive.

Do you know my immediate reaction when I read what you say? My heart was pounding fast and I wanted to run back to the wt prison. Your words really echo what the serpent said to Eve...Do you know what vision I have in my mind? Me escaping from the wt prison... Devil waiting for me outside. I literally turn off my pc, heart pounding and go to bed. Wanted to pray but didn't. He won't care about me anyway.

But I woke up in the morning, more daring cos it's daytime, reread your post again. Not that frightening after all. But I still need to confirm that you are not of the devil. I check on the topics you have posted. Was relieved to find that you did not post any demonic posts and is still a "JW".

Shit...their words are still ringing my subconscious : The Devil will ensnare those who leave Jehovah's organisation....

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    But stealing, sexual immorality, killing of another human are certainly sins.

Think about why you think these things are wrong.

Also think about the difference between sin and morally wrong.

Sin is about breaking commands in a religious system. Morality isn't about rules and regulations, but about considering effects and consequences of your behaviour.

Some things aren't listed as sins in your system of religious beliefs, yet you may consider them wrong anyway.

Other things may (historically) be listed as sins, but you don't consider them morally wrong per se (example: eating pork, mixing fibers in clothing).

I consider stealing and murder wrong for the effects these actions have on other humans, but not sins (as I don't subscribe to the concept of sin).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sinboi - ..their words are still ringing my subconscious : The Devil will ensnare those who leave Jehovah's organisation....

That is the power of the brainwashing. I think you need to take time to de-program.

As for your belief in the Bible as being from god, that's up to you.

What is your first language? Where are you from?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why would you want to" sin" or commit a "crime" simply because you no longer believe the JW religious teachings .?

I know you are young and impressionable ,however leaving the religion does`nt mean you have to commit a sin or a crime.

Obviously you are under the misguided belief that everybody who leaves the JW religion is going to embark on an orgy of sin and depravity . A belief that is reinforced in the WT publications and JW.Org media.

A belief that is totally without foundation.

This is nothing more than propaganda put out by the WTB&TS to try and curb people leaving the JW`s.religion.

Don`t do anything irrational and certainly do not commit a crime that would ruin your life.

pm me if you want to talk outside of the public forum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit