What's the point?

by punkofnice 66 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Je. It's only a local band that you wouldn't have heard of. Playing Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and a host of covers. I like to do original material but that's not the nature of the band, and we've discovered that audiences prefer to hear stuff they already know.

Here's my guitar......

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Yay,

Thanks Punk. Cool guitar <acting like I know about geetars>>.

My kind of music. Weaned on it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

steve2 - Yes. I agree with you. Your respected friend has a very good point.....I shall store this away to use later.

Crazy - Ditto.

thanks, friends.

• talesin
    talesin

We are all stardust.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Punk - nice guitar.

If my memory serves me right, you're also a published author. Are you writing at present or do you have any good ideas?

How are the sales of your books going?

Try not to worry about whether God exists or not, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

If you're feeling down now, then that means you've got good times to come.

Take care, Punk.

• Finkelstein
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What's the point? I don't know but I have days when I ask myself that. I am eating, drinking and being merry at the moment, or I try my best 😀I liked the song you wrote and sang on your previous thread about your band. You have a good voice.

Never give up never give in! Where the hell is that from. Sneaking suspicion it's from that Star Trek spoof Galaxy Quest. 🚀

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps the point of life is that there is no point? I mean that we can only make the best of each day and use our allotted "threescore & ten" to the best way possible for ourselves and those around us.

I also miss that Hope.. that glorious comfort from believing that as long as I did all the right things, I was a "friend" of the Almighty and had a wonderful eternal future. Sadly, that did not turn out to be true. I still believe in the existence of a God & original creator (not a Genesis literalist) but I do not presume to think he is going to care for me personally.

As Hamlet pondered :

"To die: to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to, ’tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish’d. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub;
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    .............................But that the dread of something
    after death,The undiscover’d country from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?"
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What's the point?

Image result for Mug of beerImage result for beef dip sandwiches..Image result for Canadian Flag Bikini

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    there's no point certainly none for an unbeliever , but even no point for a believer in a 100 or so years I believe most contemporary groups/cults and sects that have their foundations from the 18th century onwards will cease to exist, their timelines and doctrines will completely run out or steam or have any credibility whatsoever, we hear it and see it written many times, "religion is a snare and a racket"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit