by brandnew 92 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Thanks Toes......he is..i love him.

Mad Puppy

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is a big ol' SCORE!

It seems like they've been taking the donations from older ones, along with the older ones themselves, for granted.

I know my parents donate on a monthly basis, but I don't know how much. They've got a decent retirement, but, hey that's all they've got to live on for the rest of their lives!

I don't give a rat's ass whether there's any left after they're gone, but I sure as hell would be pissed if they gave it all away while they still need it to live off of.

Maybe your dad could take that land he got back and donate it for a park or something that would actually benefit the community

Maybe a blood donation center? Call it the "Jehovah's Witness Memorial Blood Donation Center."

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your Pop wasn`t intimidated and neither were you , well done father & Son , a great team effort .

smiddy

• Spiral
    Spiral

BN, THAT was Awesome!!

One of the elders asked my Mom to donate a large acreage (that my Dad inherited from his family) to the bOrg at his FUNERAL! My Mom immediately said no. I am thinking they had asked before and my Dad (not a JW) had told her to not donate it - ever.

So happy to see your Dad was smart and refused to ask you to step out (REALLY?!?!?). Disgraceful! Oh wait, of course, because we are talking about the bOrg!

• brandnew
    brandnew

GT, SMIDDY, AND SPIRAL.....theres no way i would have left the room anyway....but pops beat me to the punch😂

We totally tag teamed their dumbasses. It was great!!

Mad Puppy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BRANDNEW:

I am very proud of your dad for what he did. It is disturbing that they are paying visits to the elderly with the bottom line being they are looking for money!

How dare they! The JWs don't really want elderly people around, but they want their money?! Well, these bastards can go to hell.

It's a sad state of affairs with the JW religion and it's still a mystery about this big cash grab recently. Who knows if it's strictly about lawsuits or if something else is at the heart of it.

• brandnew
    brandnew

@LongHair......yup....they can go to hell !!!!!!!

Mad Puppy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Mad Pup & Mad POP-

That's an awesome story. And a pitiful story (that the Elder Goons would attempt that kind of a shakedown). It's the same kind of thing that my grandfather mentioned many times -- the "brothers" would show up and their door because they seldom attended as they thought they were too sick to go to the KH, but it was never to check on their wellbeing. It was to inform them of a remodel in the works or plans for a new KH and the Eldubs "felt certain" that gramps would want to make a donation. Unfortunately, he always did so.

More recently my elderly mother has awakened some and is no longer giving them money other than what she feels she takes in literature. And she's still on that 25¢ per copy value fortunately .

This should be worrisome to WTS/GB as the older folks are the ones with steady incomes who have always propped up the financial end of things. The party's over folks!

Doc

• brandnew
    brandnew

@DOC......you are spot on when saying that the party is over. The guys at the top of the wt ivory tower , are just trying to ensure their retirements at the cost of others hard earned money. Especially the governing body lames. My dad has always told me to work hard . The gb guys 5 out of 7 have never held a job in the real world, never paid for their own food, housing, utilities, etc. Leeches, thats all they are.....ugly ass LEECHES !!!!!

Mad Puppy

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, no one is supporting that small congregations on PR now? You will keep us informed as to what they do, right?

Does he still go?

If most of the deep pockets are are elderly and single handedly supporting halls then it seems inevitable that it will soon collapse entirely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit