Dont Give Them More Power Than They Deserve

by Tech49 49 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Tech49. Good for you guys and congratulations!

Wirerider: you forgot to mention that Charles and his dad's second wife were biological sisters

• done4good
    done4good

Reminds me of a situation that arose about six months after I stopped attending in 2006. Not a single call to check where I was, how I was doing, etc., in that six month period. Until...

I received a phone call from the PO, (one of maybe two times ever he called my cell), and I let it go to VM. I checked the VM, and it said something to the effect of, "the brothers heard about some things you are doing and wanted to speak with you...". This was an obvious invitation to a JC, supposedly because I was living with my girlfriend at the time. I blew the call off.

Then three weeks later I receive a second call from this same asshat. I let it go to VM again. This time something to the effect of "we know where you live, you live in (an improperly pronounced town), and we want to send your records to the congregation there". This was another pitiful attempt to get me to confess something to them. I ignored them this second time and never heard back.

The simplest and most effective thing you can do is simply ignore them. That takes all of their power away, and not a goddamn thing they can do about it.

d4g

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    BeautifulMind 2 hours ago
    Same here. We are giving them absolutely nothing and it freaks them out. It's so sad they have nothing better to do. And I don't remember who said it on this thread, but I agree that this intrusive behavior is not normal, it's creepy actually. We are just trying to live our lives and we are not coming back so buzz off! Great thread !Co-dependency at it's finest, look it up is a VERY unhealthy situation to be in. Personal boundaries MUST be enforced, a foreign concept to JW's that know all abouteveryone's lives in any given congregation.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Exactly!!! Ignoring them and not answering your phone or door to them is the way to go. But then again, what do you do if you get a letter in the mail asking you to a J.C.??

You have no choice but to either meet with them or they have to come and tell you that you've been ''kicked to the curb''. That is the ''ticket to freedom'', for a lack of better words. Just think, to do anything you want whenever. I mean ''whatever you want'' under the ''Law of the Land'' that is, living free!!!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

About 15 years ago I was invited to stands before a judicial committee the charge was: speaking against the organization, I asked them to put it in writing they refused, I then proceeded to write a short document stating the nature of the charge and the request to appear before the committee and asked them to sign it they refused, I requested to have my lawyer present which was denied and told I could not bring any recording devices to the said meeting.

I went because I was just starting to learn TTAT but today it is a different story because I would refused to attend under those despicable conditions. I think it far better to make up your own rules in dealing with this authoritarian cult or better yet don't have any rules to follow when dealing with this cult after all, 'all is fair in love and in war'.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Tech49, They want to "chat" about us wilfully associating with DF & DA family members. & that we were evidently ignoring WT counsel.

However you were not ignoring Jesus counsel, Treat others, how you want them to treat you. Do not resist him that is wicked, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him. Continue to love your enemies, & pray for those persecuting you that you may prove yourselves sons of your farther who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon the wicked people & good & makes it rain upon righteous people & un-righteous.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The ''shunning policy'' is one of the examples of such hypocrisy in the Borg. Total ignorance of the ''Golden Rule''. About treating others how you would want them to treat you, loving your enemies, loving your neighbour an so on.....
  • Scully
    Scully

Funny how the Elders™ just hate it when you shun them and tell them to mind their own business.

Turnabout is fair play, as they say...

I'd go with the Necessary Family Business™ loophole (and none of theirs).

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is my mantra as well. All their authority is peer-conveyed. Once you do not recognize it, it does not exist for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIJ3YqPbqg

Have you considered blocking their texts and emails? It is quite a satisfying way to take your power back. They don't even get to harass your voicemail. It irritates the heck out of them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I started to wonder why you still go to the meetings, then it occurred to me that people like you actually do more to destabilize the organization from the inside. If enough people do what you do it, it may cause others to take note are realize that the elders only have the authority you give them, they are paper tigers. Of course they may eventually disfellowship you because you won't meet with them, but that may take a while.

So carry on my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit