Dont Give Them More Power Than They Deserve

by Tech49 49 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Great post!

It took us a little longer to come to the same conclusion, but when we did it was wonderful! It's pretty funny watching their shocked faces when you say no to them.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Khaleesi - Queen of the Andals, and the 7 kingdoms, and by the very Valarian blood that courses thru your veins, do I proclaim that "they have no power over us".
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TECH49:

I would have been absolutely FURIOUS that any of these users would intrude their unwanted opinions about what was going on in MY house!!!

I would never answer them. You gave the answer I would have given: "My business is none of your business." It bothers them when this happens and they can't control you. They are absolutely hooked on control.

Once you are out of the religion and step back and analyze it all, you realize this intrusiveness is unnatural and only came about because association with the JW religion slowly erodes your sensibilities.

Normal people will not tolerate this intrusive Witness garbage. This stuff is what happens in totalitarian regimes - not among normal people.

Good for you for ignoring these nobodies and, yes, I also remember the days of ducking unwanted phone calls from these "cops"...Happy it's all a bad memory.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

@Dunedain: Men of the West & Men of the Westernesse, the ageless Men.. "at this hour (or any hour), I do not believe any darkness(elders) will endure" they "shall NOT PASS"!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Do you actually know why the elders were calling and wanted to meet?

More information would be helpful for others going through the same.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Excellent response - because elders' brains can't reason on someone refusing to discuss personal & private information with them. It's a shock to their system and an "Emperor's new clothes" moment for all to see!!

• minimus
    minimus
    That's why I wouldn't disassociate myself. They can stick their rules you know where. I am not under their authority.
  • carla
    carla
    If my emotion thingy worked I would give you a thumbs up! Good job!
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

So let me get this straight: They don't have time to call the police to report child molesters, but they have time to call you up about a private, family party, to try and berate and guilt you into - what, exactly?

Those Elders are petty douchebags who are trying to impose some sort of police state mentality among their subservient flock. Since when are THEY the "Masters of your faith"? Since never.

Their behaviour about a private family function, is quite frankly appalling. I'd point blank ask them who the hell they think they are calling you up about ANY of it? Freakin' asshats!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Great thread & you did the right thing. ... i was just thinking of how to respond myself to elders when they question you for not being at all the meetings & service? Any advice?

Use their own stupid logic against them.

Pull out the 2014(?) yearbook and show them the GB opening letter where it clearly says that no one is master over our faith (quoting Paul's words) but rather it is of OUR doing.

Simply speaking: Shut the hell up and mind your business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit