2016 Regional Convention - Sunday Morning synopsis

by Jehalapeno 71 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    "Ex-JWs debunk the JW bunker mentality".
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. the "Bunker Video"...

I'm starting to wonder if the multimedia guys at WTHQ have been reading the Left Behind books on the sly... :smirk:

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

1981 we had already " kingdom loyality" in the summer heat.#

The drama was

http://printcentralandsigns.com/jwtalks/DC/1981%20Drama%20-%20Jehovah%20Rewards%20His%20Loyal%20Ones.mp3

MORNING

9:30 Music

9:40 Song No. 104 and Prayer

9:50 Discussion of Day's Text						P. B. Stanley

10:00 Singleness--Its Advantages and Opportunities			J. D. Dobbins
          (See WT 6-15-82 pages 10-15)

10:30 Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order				M. R. Lett
          (See WT 6-1-82 pages 16-20)

11:00 Song No. 36 and Announcements

11:10 "Each One in His Place"						S. A. Gill
          (See WT 6-1-82 pages 21-26)

11:40 DRAMA: Beware of Rebellious Talk					Jim Kennedy

12:10 Song No. 70 and Intermission	10,381

AFTERNOON

2:05 Music

2:20 Song No. 93 and Prayer

2:30 PUBLIC LECTURE:
          "The Signs of the Times"--What Do They Mean To You?		Lyman A Swingle
          (See WT 5-15-82 pages 12-26)

3:30 Song No. 6 and Announcements	9,966

3:40 Rejoicing in Jehovah's Blessings					Ralph Stribling

4:00 Advancing as Loyal Kingdom Proclaimers				Lyman A Swingle

4:40 Closing Song No. 110 and Prayer

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

OK. This Bunker crap is sounding way too much like the prepper type thinking. The we are going to end up in FEMA camp stuff.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Armageddon

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

shouldn't they be offering the mob outside the bunker some virgin sisters to appease them

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

I watched the bunker video last night and can't believe my sister is just eating this up and legit.

• tiki
    tiki

I can't believe how totally crazy they have become....and still they eat it up......unbelievable.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think we must recognise a more serious significance in the adoption of the bunker or siege mentality.

It usually happens in groups who are isolated from the rest of the world, often held in the thrall of leaders who use the situation to foster a sense of unity and prideful identity among its members. The notion of persecution is a critical propaganda ingredient and North Korea is a good example. Note how the leaders prosper and rank and file sacrifice all they have. Loyalty is praised as the key virtue.

For Jehovah's Witnesses governance, the concern is that they are weakening in their influence over a community who are able to get an alternative and a more accurate description of what is going on through the internet. This loss of authority has triggered a response from the leadership to heighten the fear and consequently the believer's dependency on the words of the leaders.

My own musings on this are to do with the fact of the governing body's complete negligence for the welfare of the sexually abused in their midst has exposed them to public shame and justifiable censure. Many governments are now on the JW org case. Yet any persecution is fuel to their paranoid teachings so the believers, who are insulated from the real reasons, will only interpret it in the way the GB spins it, not realizing how selfish and truly heartless they really are.

Nevertheless the JW org is clearly moving towards hunkering down in the bunker.

It is significant in a political or religious group to move from one mode and into a siege mentality. It usually presages big changes or even total breakdown as with the denouement of the David Koresh group at Wako.

Doomsday cults do not usually have a good shelf life and one hundred and thirty seven years is stretching any intelligent person's credulity.

Let's hope that it heralds a grand awakening........... even among the leadership; that Jehovah's Witnesses are participants in a monumental confidence trick.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Great post Half banana! It's interesting to me that I was sensing a shift toward more control in the mid-2000's. It is why I finally knew I had to leave in 2011. I knew they were going to tighten the control around family members associating with DF'd ones beyond "essential family business", and I was just not going to shun my son.

Hopefully, the shift toward this seige mentality will wake up more and more individuals and families and free them from the extremism of this doomsday cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit