Why do ones that got out come back in?

by moreconfusedthanever 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Hi all, I am new here. I have not been to a meeting for about 2 years now. I do not intend to go back but one thing has me baffled. Why do ones that have faded and been out for years return? I have a friend who got DF a few times and came back and then faded and I can see that as a strategy to ensure you still get to speak to your family and friends, but I do not understand what makes faded ones come back.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's usually when they go through a major life changing event in their life like a death, new baby or something terrible happens in the world.

Its the only religion they knew so they assume that if any of them are correct it will be the JWs since they "prophesied" all these things. When in reality they said the world is terrible and getting worse.

When a new baby is born they think "I really don't want my baby to die In Armageddon" so make a fresh start.

People who come back never fully purged the propaganda from themselves.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I knew of a brother who had been inactive for something in the region of 12 years. He came back and within 3 to 4 years became an elder.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The first time I left I had no family, friends, money, and couldn't really see any point in life. I went back, and straight away realized I didn't believe it, yet hung around for ten years out of fear of losing everything. The second time I was more prepared, yet still found it very tough until I rebuilt my life.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Firstly ,welcome to the forum moreconfusedthanever,(mcte) thats a mouthfull LOL

OK, I have a theory to answer your question : It is that for many people indoctrinated over many years /born ins included it becomes deeply ingrained in their sub-conscience

For one reason or another that they leave the religion or just stop attending meetings etc.for however how long ,

remember they have not disowned the religion they have just become inactive .

Time has passed and again for one reason or another they want to re-connect with the religion of Jehovahs witnesses.

Remember they have never disowned or bad mouthed JW`s previously they had just faded away or was DF for some reason that they believe was justified anyway.

To put it in a nutshell here is how I see it.

Jehovahs Witnesses have left the (religion/truth) however the (truth/religion ) has never left them

However I`m more inclined to believe the dog has returned to its vomit .

• zeb
    zeb
    Perhaps they never did take up any education, hobby, creative interest or sport and have the ability to find new friends. In such a case the wt did a good job on them.
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Because it's the familiar. Most people want to belong and there is a certain type of personality that draws them to the Jw's. somehow many of the friends never fit in or wanted fit in, so here comes this knock at the door and one is embraced. That's the attraction right there.

I read on different sites of ones who have left, but not really. Some even have their chance to tell their story but won't for some reason. Once a comment was said that Jw's can't expect outsiders to expose the org. but those who are in and those who left.

Some stay away so they can do what they didn't do while they were in then got their full and came right back. That's why you see some are really hard on the Jw's but some, not so much.

Someone asked about what could change for more folks to come in, I say if the org. would just mind their business and teach the Bible without any spin to it, which the Bible is just asking us to get along and stop dominating one another and take care of one another because we are all in this mess together.

Nothing wrong with some of the witness stuff stays in you, especially the good stuff on not being judgmental and only judge people for yourself not by what other people say. If they really imitated Jesus they would be a force to reckon with, the true essence of Christianity is when Jesus washed the feet of his betrayer Judas. Now that's heavy, how many of us would be at a function and be serving and sister or brother so and so come on line and you got to serve them, and we are not too fond of them. what you gonna do? What would Jesus do? Of course that is extreme but you have to admit we humans can be extreme at times, true? So if one still has a little JW left in them, don't keep the bad stuff that you know are not the right way to treat one another, religion should not have to teach you that.

Tor

• waton
    waton

they would go back for the same reason they did not leave,

They did not leave because of erroneous wt beliefs, and they will fit right in where they are returning to.

Truth does not matter to those in the so-called "truth".

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

One reason why many people leave and then go back is because they still believe when they leave.

Many who were born into the faith leave because they want to live a life without some of the constrictions. Later on, when they have got things out of their system, they return. Fear of Armageddon can be a big factor.

If you leave while still believing, there is a high chance you will return.

• dogon
    dogon

I have seen this in people who were raised in the cult never did anything in it and at old age 60s and up come back. I think some people want to believe that there is something after this life when they are looking at their mortality. For me its rearranging the furniture on the titanic. Just because you want it to be true does not make it so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit