CO in midwest gets pink-slipped

by LevelThePlayingField 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I saw the coordinator heading for the stage and hit record on my ipad. I was shocked but here it is. Here's my typed transcript of the letter he read:

..."I find it necessary to inform you of some recent developments. Sadly, on Thursday of last week, Joy and I received a letter from the branch office which has determined that we should transfer to the regular pioneer activity. This will go into effect December 1, 2015, just a month away. I know that this comes as a surprise to you. We were surprised as well.

"We did not think it would have been best to announce this during our interview during our circuit assembly last weekend. It would have distracting to the program that followed our interview. Additionally the friends who attended the first assembly two weeks ago would not have heard about it accept by hearsay. Therefore we decided to have it announced by letter in this manner. I'm sure that you will have questions to ask regarding our transition. We are at a disadvantage as we honestly have few answers at this time. Almost all of the visits that have been scheduled will be covered by a substitute circuit overseer. I am arranging for and scheduling them now. The branch office will appoint another circuit overseer in due time and will inform you by letter. For those congregations we have visited, we thank you for your support during the week of activity and for your hospitality. For those congregations that we will not get to visit we are saddened that we will not have some time together. However please be assured of our love. We are confident that you will be cared for by Jehovah's organization. As for Joy and myself, we spent sometime with our respective families before we transitioned to another assignment in Jehovah's service.

"In this time of dramatic change, we all have to be flexible in our expectation. We have recently heard of special pioneers, temporary special pioneers, temporary bethelites and bethelites who have been reassigned to other forms of service. We are all confident of Jehovah's direction by way of the governing body and by way of the branch. What a rich life Jehovah has provided for us. We are assured nor he nor his organization will forget the labors we have performed for his name. May Jehovah continue to be with all of you. Your brother, William G. Redd

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Geez. What's up with that. I didn't realize Co's are getting canned.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Wonder if COs, Bethelites and Special Pios getting shown the door will be on here soon. Probably just a matter of time.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Strange stuff. But unless we hear about a general move to cull COs I guess the removal had something to do with this particular CO's situation.

I would not be at all surprised if the CO role was reorganised to a volunteer position. I guess it depends who pays for them, does anyone know? If congregations pay for them entirely they may be retained, but if the CO arrangement relies on Watchtower subsidy then I'd imagine they will be very vulnerable to elimination for cost saving reasons.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I wonder why, towards the end of the middle paragraph, it says, " we SPENT some time with our respective families". Didnt they just get the letter saying they are being "releived" of their position? I would think that he would have said, "we are going to be SPENDING time with our families during this transition". Seems like the "wording", and or "tense" is wrong.

@ - LevelThe PlayingField - Was that a typo, on your part, or did he say it that way? Just wondering, cause it sounds like thats an old letter, or it happened awhile ago.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    SBF- I know the Co and wife are on the health insurance and get the car with insurance etc from WT.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Dunedain - I just typed it how the letter was read, but the coordinator probably just read it wrong, but yeah, in reality it probably is a typo.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - LevelThePlayingField - Yeah, i figured it was probably a typo, or something. It was just weird how it said "spent", and "transitioned", instead of, will be "spending", and "transitioning". I got a little confused, i guess.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Brother Redd was my c.o. in NYC years ago.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

How old are they?

Maybe, with congregations consolidating means circuits are shrinking and they don't need as many COs.

The older ones (over 40) would be the first to go, I imagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit