CO in midwest gets pink-slipped

by LevelThePlayingField 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Any chance you could upload your iPad recording LTPF?
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I'm surprised at this considering that they are having trouble trying to get young men to fill these positions. I know of a case where they had to bring one of the old COs back due to not been able to find a replacement.
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo

No more Golden Handshakes, back handers, generous cheques, free dinners and iWatches for them then I guess..

Not to worry.. there's always toilet scrubbing and window cleaning to fall back on.

• Splash
    Splash

So 12 months ago the DO's were either removed or demoted to CO's, now the CO's are going a similar way.
    It's like a game of snakes and ladders where most of the ladders are being removed.

When someone feels compelled to say "We are all confident of Jehovah's direction by way of the governing body and by way of the branch", it often means the opposite. They have to verbalise this to convince themselves as much as everyone else.

This CO and his wife are doubting the GB's actions.

• freddo
    freddo

Wow! How old are they?

Anyone remember the CO-lite (shorter CO visits as in three days) thread in "news from mother ship" a few years back?

• mana11
    mana11

#JWbestlifeever hahahahaa

• cappytan
    cappytan
    When someone feels compelled to say "We are all confident of Jehovah's direction by way of the governing body and by way of the branch", it often means the opposite.

It could also be that he was instructed to write something along those lines to "reassure the friends" of Jehovah's love (aka spin spin spin).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"...a letter from the branch office which has determined that we should transfer to the regular pioneer activity" -

Perhaps this C.O. should waken up and start providing for himself and his wife - rather than providing continued, unpaid support for a shell company claiming to represent God Almighty!

How much abuse will blind and masochistic Jehovah's Witnesses take, before they realise the terrible truth that they have made 7 men in Brooklyn the basis of their faith?

• tiki
    tiki
    All this scaling back...smell a rat. Money yes...but I'm thinking serious legal issues...their tax exempt status may be under fire....somebody(ies) running scared and trying to do damage control.
  • bradford
    bradford

Eliminate the need for cars, health insurance, car insurance, and an allowance across all circuits and they've found themselves quite the cost savings.

I'm sure they can get a zealous couple with a cleaning business paying young brothers and sisters minimum wage to travel a circuit on their own dime and not miss a beat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit