CO in midwest gets pink-slipped

by LevelThePlayingField 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

You, as an religious corporation, turn out a couple that has just approached their 70s as compared to a couple in their 50s it does not look as bad.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I would say this has more to do with the one CO and is not indicative of retiring all CO's.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder if the wts is moving towards the idea of CO's being self employed--and directly charging the congregations for their services and expenses ?
  • Flg8ter
    Flg8ter
    Interesting! I know in my area there is a new CO.....he's in his early/mid 30's! I'm sure the old "seasoned" elders love that. It feels to me that the shift to younger is to try to retain the youth. With technology and easy access to information....the halls are losing the young!
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    A few of you have asked how old the CO was. He looked to be in his early 50's. His wife looked to be in her mid 40's. They served in NY, PA, OH & MN. He was a CO for nine years. Before the announcement, I noticed though that I didn't particularly care for him much. He didn't really seem that happy of a person to me. He didn't smile when delivering parts, seemed burned out. No jestures, seemed flat. Something to me seemed out of wack.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

It was predicted a few years ago on here that the CO's would be eventually done away with and the WTS would appoint a local, high up, elder (no clergy class right!!) to do visits yearly at his expense. Perhaps this is coming to fruition. I also suspect that some Bethelites won't go so quietly when they get "laid off" so perhaps the GB is opening up spots for some key people to fill when they leave.

I guess we shall see if this continues to happen on a regular basis.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Something to me seemed out of wack"

It makes us wonder how many know this JW thing is a load of crap. Even the higher ups. I think for some...the jig is up!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Gee, I sure hope that we lose our current CO
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    A policy instituted a couple of years ago made it such that COs over 70 go off the road. If this particular CO was surprised, then I'm betting he and his wife aren't 70, yet. Otherwise, it should not have been any surprise to him at all.
  • sir82
    sir82

He looked to be in his early 50's. His wife looked to be in her mid 40's.

Told ya!

I bet he's on blood pressure medicine, statins, the wife on antidepressants, etc. I bet they were costing the WTS hundreds if not thousands per month in prescriptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit