Korean News : CoC in Korean

by AntiEntropy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Listener - dead serious I wish I was. For months I've seen ppl exclaim I could have this up on Amazon overnight.

To be fair there is truth in that if you exclude all the other ancillary things that are going on for the global picture. But absolutely everyone acts as though it is a drop in the bucket.

Not at liberty to nor is it my place to reveal all the goings on (nothing earth shattering so don't read into it) but there's a bunch in play her. She works on it literally daily and has done so for months.

The thing is it is curious how many posture this as a money grab or whatever but if that was the case don't you think she would have just thrown whatever out there to start collecting revenue?

The fact she hasn't should at least give you pause to realize there's more going on here.

• Listener
    Listener
    Yes, I am concerned that there is a money grab going on but not on her part. I wonder if she is being taken advantage of and the delay in getting this book available doesn't do anything to allay those doubts.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Great news AntiEntropy congratulations !

( Hadriel you are boring....I couldn't give a flying f about copyright)

So Hadriel you are still " in" but are advising this person on CofC....are you getting paid?

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Nope! Not a penny. Just trying to help prevent people from stealing from her.

Hadriel you are boring

Yeah I don't frequent many sex fetish shops like you - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5678515349356544/watchtower-finally-useful-fettish-prop

• AntiEntropy
    AntiEntropy

We donated approximately 500 books of CoC Korean to public libraries in Korea so far. Commercial selling is not our object.

Japanese Translalator, who wanted to be called just Q, told me :

• To my knowledge, about 2000 copies of the Japanese translation have been sold; that is 100-200 copies every year. The royalty rate is 6% (for the first 5000 copies, thereafter 7%).

I am projecting Korea market is a half size of Japanese one.

It's a too small market to avoid sheer loss.

We all know the publishing company will meet a big net loss this year and it will never recover. That loss does not include any contingent legal cost. Our team consists of patent lawyer, paralegal, English teacher, audiologist, optician, engineer, business owner and etc. Most of our team spent 3 years of their youth of early 20's in jail to do the right thing at that time which is so-called conscientious objection, very religious one in reality.

I recently had a chat with a Chinese guy who are eager to translate CoC into Chinese and help main-land Chinese to be saved from JW's spiritual colonialization into a big market.

I desperately hope to see CoC English at Amazon.com where I bought Crisis of Conscience, In Search of Christian Freedom and Gentile Time Reconsidered several years after I got out of prison and get back to college. It was 15 years ago...

I think it's a life-saving work. How can we turn away from these good people who are being exploited spiritually, financially, mentally and even sexually. How can we wait more?

Next project might be "Captives of a Concept".

• awake living free
    awake living free

References were lost when I posted this earlier so, posting again...

Hadriel, 4 months ago you said the following on another thread about CoC when asked by ToesUp if you had read it.

ToesUp

Yep, although it was after I had already woke. Honestly I went about it the very hard way. I used only society pubs and secular history. What pretty much put the nail in the coffin was 607. The fact the organization has held onto that teaching is beyond me. The more that find out about it the more there will be that leave.

So using only their own pubs and a few emails with museums, archaeologists and the like I realized it was impossible for 607 to be true. At the turn of the last century many of the tablets in the Neo-Babylonian area had yet to be found or translated. Now we have thousands.

Subsequent to my own digging I fell upon "Gentile Times Reconsidered". The author in my opinion is the leading authority on this topic. I had dug many hours coming to my conclusion. I read this man's book and realized I hadn't even scratched the surface.

That then led me to Franz's book which I read without putting it down. Cover to cover. You simply can't read that book and stay a witness. At least not in good conscience.

But from the comments you have made in this thread am I to understand that if you'd known there was to be a new revised edition you would still be waiting to read it! Hadriel?

(I also wanted to include some of the earlier statements you have made in this thread but I can't quote them using my phone without losing the above)

Alf

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    you carry on AntiEntropy with your honest hearted and earnest work in getting this book out there to the ones that really need it, by hook or crook. I dont know the real reasons why this debacle goes on and on and neither do I care any more and I certainly dont give a shite about the copyright anymore, I've said it once and I say it again the longer this goes on the more it plays in to hands of the bootlegger, the entire thing is a complete mess and has been for some time and shows no sign of being resolved, the continuing excuses are quite frankly tiresome and pathetic, how long for a copyright transfer FFS! I recall this character Hadriel wrote about not wanting the copyright owner to be exploited , the victims of exploitation are a millions of R&F jw's who really need this work, how much longer do they have to wait?
  • AntiEntropy
    AntiEntropy

@jookbeard

On the matter of CoC Japanese,

http://goo.gl/0FwCTW

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    good to see AnitEntropy , keep up the good work
  • AntiEntropy
    AntiEntropy

@jookbeard,

I want to believe that the core reason of these debating are due to our LOVES which have basically same object but different philosophies in methodologies in dealing with the precious legacy of Raymond Franz.

Deborah must have pure passion to reserve Ray's intention and his and his wife's will. They didn't want it to be scattered public in such a format like PDF that is vulnerable to any twist.

Some guys think it would be far much better for CoC to be distributed for free totally so that as many as good people could obtain freedom in conscience by the help of it.

Some people like me and my team had desperately searched for copyrighter(you may see my record and many guys had got my questionnaires for years) and failed to find him/her, so first proceeded to translate it but got worried on the matter of the copyright problem. As a matter of fact, we published it on 10th January but got a reply from Deborah on 12th January. Being too sorry, we offered $2,000 copyright fee in advance at once for the 1,000 books(price is $15 and expected sale price would be $10 due to commission of Korean Amazons, so expected total revenue is $10,000 and $2,000 is 20% which is 5% higher than commonly highest copyright-fee ratio in this country). And 500 books were to be freely donated to publich libraries. I wired $1,000 unilaterally. I know it's not a matter of high or low in percentage. I again want to apologize to Deborah for my having been unilateral in processing sensitive things. What can I do for the matter of spilt milk? What I can do may be 2 things, I guess. One thing is Paypal more money if it were acceptable and the other is to get ready to be sued.

In a sense, it's a tragedy.

I wholeheartedly hope CoC to spread over the world and heal as many as souls hurt by WT.

Thanks for you guys' understandings and non-understandings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit