Korean News : CoC in Korean

by AntiEntropy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle
    I see that even WT is admitting no decreases in Korea last couple years. May the decreases continue to increase with the help ex-JWs! I expect the South Koreans are internet savvy.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@jookbeard please write a book so I can exploit the heck out of it where legally possible or where copyrights are not upheld. Maybe then you'll understand.

I don't get why this is so hard. The CPH could never publish it and I'd still stand behind that decision. Someone else's property is someone else's property. We simply don't have a right to it regardless of our personal feelings on the matter one way or the other. It's an absolute. Cut and dry.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    intermediaries have offered to temporarily assist with a print run with permission yet this avenue was declined which is madness IMO, this aid is a very important book and should be made available at every single opportunity for those that need it, this isnt a Peter and Jane book you know! The lack of activity in getting this thing on a print run has just played into the hands of the bootleggers doesn't this fact for once ever get noticed? an official temporary print run has been offered yet declined numerous times to bypass any exploitation yet it keeps getting declined, lunacy IMO,
  • AntiEntropy
    AntiEntropy
    Are you guys not happy to see CoC Korean? at first?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm very happy AntiEntopy, your people have done a great job, I hope you get a good response to those that need it
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Anti I knew about it many weeks perhaps months ago. I do like the cover for sure :)

@jookbeard many offered to help but didn't even realize there was a revised version from Ray. None of you knew that. So all the PDF's etc weren't even the latest thing.

I couldn't disclose that as I was asked not to, as it needed to be verified and organized which takes time.

So a temporary print run of an out of date copy isn't the answer no matter how many offered.

My apology again on behalf of Deb that these last months have gone by and it isn't quite wrapped yet. Organizing a world wide printing endeavor is not easy. I wish more could see that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    a worldwide print run can be done overnight in a matter of hours
  • Simon
    Simon

Sorry, I don't think a 15 year old email that is out of context is enough to go off (we don't know what question the reply was to).

The copyright holder has made clear their views and we're not going to re-litigate the whole "copyright" thing again.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@jookbeard you are being ignorant.

Jook edit the new revision from Ray, create a cover, translated it into several languages and post your results here tomorrow morning.

you have your assignment go...you have 24 hours.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm not a publisher am I? and you know that, experts in the field have offered their services and they have been rebuffed, I'll leave the printing to the experts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit