Korean News : CoC in Korean

by AntiEntropy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

If the copyright holder were smart, they would publish the existing version right away and work on getting the new version out by the time inventory runs low.

Then everyone will buy the book twice. More $$ for the copyright holder.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Stealth what you suggest smacks of complete common sense and seems very logical, unfortunately common sense and logic has been lost in this entire debacle
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@jookbeard

he copyright holder is like waiting for Sasquatch

so your satire and negative comments are cool but me giving my opinion saying I think something is "dumb" is too much

okey dokey.

• Listener
    Listener

Hadriel, even without the 2008 changes, the book will and has helped a countless number of people. It's not dumb to want to see even the old version available.

If a lot of this delay has been due to a few small changes then I hope that the Copyright owner feels all the money and time spent was worthwhile.

The bottom line is that the book is virtually unavailable and has been for some time.

It just stinks and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are people making a pretty penny from the owner and concocting stories in order to make more.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

It makes little sense to not want the latest regardless of how small or great the updates are.

Don't believe me put a gallon of mile out marked with first as the expiration date then put jugs behind it with the expiration of the second. comeback at the end of the day and the one jug with the first as the expiration will still be sitting there.

for the final time it takes time to organize such an undertaking. It is really frustrating that so may hang on the well it only takes 24 hours. it doesn't. to update, organize, translate secure long term publisher, artwork etc. It just doesn't happen overnight. To argue otherwise is for the benefit of your agenda.

• Listener
    Listener

Hadriel, I get the feeling that you think that some of us have an evil agenda.

Our agenda is to want to see the book readily and cheaply available.

If you and the Copyright owner have a different agenda then it goes some way to explaining the delays.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Hadriel: It makes little sense to not want the latest regardless of how small or great the updates are.
    Don't believe me put a gallon of mile out marked with first as the expiration date then put jugs behind it with the expiration of the second. comeback at the end of the day and the one jug with the first as the expiration will still be sitting there.
    for the final time it takes time to organize such an undertaking. It is really frustrating that so may hang on the well it only takes 24 hours. it doesn't. to update, organize, translate secure long term publisher, artwork etc. It just doesn't happen overnight. To argue otherwise is for the benefit of your agenda.

I think that what people are saying is that something is better than nothing. Don't believe me check out a site called gofundme where people will put up crazy goals and not surprisingly not turn away lesser amounts that they can collect for a goal. In this case people just want to see a book that is beloved and that helped so many available to themselves and/or others. To argue otherwise is to the benefit of your agenda. I'm not promoting pirating, but I'm certainly happy that it was made available out there freely on the internet when I came out of the dubs. It was instrumental in helping me to wake up and confirmed so many things that I thought I was seeing in the organization. We all just want to see it made available so that others can experience that as well and grow to love the man known as Ray Franz that risked so much and made this all available.

• awake living free
    awake living free

ToesUp

Yep, although it was after I had already woke. Honestly I went about it the very hard way. I used only society pubs and secular history. What pretty much put the nail in the coffin was 607. The fact the organization has held onto that teaching is beyond me. The more that find out about it the more there will be that leave.

So using only their own pubs and a few emails with museums, archaeologists and the like I realized it was impossible for 607 to be true. At the turn of the last century many of the tablets in the Neo-Babylonian area had yet to be found or translated. Now we have thousands.

Subsequent to my own digging I fell upon "Gentile Times Reconsidered". The author in my opinion is the leading authority on this topic. I had dug many hours coming to my conclusion. I read this man's book and realized I hadn't even scratched the surface.

That then led me to Franz's book which I read without putting it down. Cover to cover. You simply can't read that book and stay a witness. At least not in good conscience.

But if you'd known there was to be a new revised edition you wouldn't have read it yet! Is that what I'm to understand Hadriel?

Alf

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@listener of course it will be readily available and in more form factors than previous. As to price I imagine it will follow suit to what's been done in the past.

I get the sense from a lot of people "it better be cheap". Ray was vehemently against it being free.

Open invitation if you can translate COC into the needed langs with the 2008 updates, ready the artwork, secure a publisher and have it ready in all form factors needed in 24 I'll write you a 1000.00 check.

I don't see much reasonability here. Ultimately none of our opinions matter. She is organizing it as she sees fit, which is her right to do so and Ray's wife's wishes by the way.

Could an out of date version be put up sure is that what the CPH wants to do? No. She wants it current and organized. There was no control with publishers all over taking liberties they had no right to do.

Poor translations I've inspected myself. Bootlegs by people you name it.

The fact that some here expect all this to be sorted out correctly and legally in 24 hours baffles me. Just isn't that easy.

• Listener
    Listener

You're right Hadriel- it is her choice and with that, most of what has occurred (or not occurred) since she received the Copyright and what occurs in the future is a direct reflection on her.

As for people expecting it to be sorted out in 24 hours, I think you are over exaggerating

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit