Ex-Bethelite Testifies About Spying In Watchtower World Headquarters

by fleet#44 69 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

stillajwexelder, welcome to the forum

It is why I do not reveal too much about myself on this board. I may be paranoid...

No, you're not. When I first started being active on the Internet last year, I tended to trust everyone as being honest and above-board. And 99% of the folks and friends here are exactly that.

It's that 1% that can make life hell, especially if they collect together enough personal info. And it's not all that hard to do! For example, in one post you might just casually mention your real first name. Then, in another post a couple weeks later, you might just say how old you are...in another, what sex you are, in another, where you live, what KH you went to...etc. A determined stalker can put together a fairly complete picture. And e-mailing someone? My oh my, that's another big can of worms, what with all the "snoop-ware" (is that what it's called?) that's available.

It's certainly not paranoid to be cautious, and one reason why there are so many reminders to us all (myself included) to be careful, very careful, about what we post.

With reasonable precautions, we can still use this forum to meet new friends and develop a community. It's certainly happened that way for me.

Craig

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have seen first hand the elders use any means neccessary to "get their man." Some without question have used lies, spying, etc.

Of course some in the congregation are bumbleing idiots, however still others can be quite creative when they want to.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They spied on me back in 1966 and I was only a 21 year old kid working nights in a bakery. I confronted them on it and they quit it but I never forgot it. I counted it as a strike.

They needed me. I never needed them. Guess they got mixed up on that point. GaryB

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, did they catch you making Holy Cross buns or Halloween goodies?

• Scully
    Scully

minimus writes:

Gary, did they catch you making Holy Cross buns or Halloween goodies?

Or perhaps he was making that abomination known as Christmas fruitcake, truly the only genuine disfellowshipping offense. Love, Scully

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

If you guys are really nice I'll send you a picture of my secret decoder ring and my Inspector Gadget manual.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm not sure what they wanted. They watched my apartment while I slept from parked cars. At the time I had a black 1959 Cadillac and I liked the extra security of having them watch my car while I slept.

I did make hot cross buns every Easter and fruitcakes every Christmas season. Maybe the elders were checking up on me after the accident. We did have a baker electrocuted once when he sat on a fruitcake.

• Scully
    Scully

Gary writes:

We did have a baker electrocuted once when he sat on a fruitcake.

I'd like to see the WTS work that into a talk at the District Convention! Beware!!! Beware the subtle call of fruitcakes.... heh heh

Love, Scully

• garybuss
    garybuss

He got the currant up his ass. Terrible!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Gary,

Iam one of the weird ones I guess........I love fruit cake. With one qualification.....without currants!

****currant up his ass.****

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit