Quit Quietly now more than ever

by gone for good 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

Sail Away -

Thank you so much for confirming my whole intent of this thread:

- that actively exercising your right to religious freedom supersedes the elders former ecclesiastic authority.

So, with a few well-chosen words, and the undeniable clarity of ink on paper, you pre-empted their usual violations of character and integrity that so define JW judicial proceedings - well done Dianne!.

Glad to hear that you disavowed any connection with disassociation - what were your reasons for that?

I assume you claimed this right of religious freedom under some amendment to a constitution or a charter of freedom in one of Satans horrifying liberal democracies and not from any kind of theocratic grace?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Poor Christine just got thrown out without even being told about it.

https://youtu.be/zqoSR4ZdKPU

But - her whole family is out now plus some. They were very stupid when they attacked her. They should have read the Bible.

(James 1:27) . . .The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a further point in the matter of Disassociation, the Elders Book states :

" Whereas disfellowshipping is an action taken by a judicial committee against an unrepentant wrongdoer, disassociation is an action taken by a baptized individual in the congregation who no longer desires to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 John 2:19; od chap. 14 pars. 30-33) In cases of disassociation, the body of elders should appoint a committee (not judicial) of three elders to consider the facts."

Notice " not judicial", so the notarised letter idea will not work in this case, please note also, that there is no provision to Appeal, and the Announcement can be made at the very next meeting, no need to wait 7 days as in the case of DFing and a possible Appeal.

If this is about to happen to you, and you wish it not to, get a Letter off ASAP, saying Legal action will be taken etc etc. Try to keep the rumours to nil, and keep your Reputation !

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

People are always looking for some legal loophole to get out without repercussions. This strikes me as just another in the series. JWs don't often care. Sure, you can find an outlier where a legal threat will scare some elder but most don't care, and I've yet to see any evidence of legal recourse being won if they go on to disfellowship you. You joined a club called Jehovah's Witnesses and they'll do what they want in most cases. They don't care about legal technicalities.

Disassociate if you want, fade if you want, try this legal technicality if you want, get disfellowshipped if you want. It's your life.

Leaving is one of the more personal things a person can do. Your decision should be too. It's one of your first opportunities to start living life on your terms, whatever that looks like. Getting out is the most important thing. Go be free and happy.

My wife and I disassociated almost 5 years ago. One of the best decisions we've ever made.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Further update: I saw and greeted the former P.O. of the last congregation I attended. He was my former Book Study Overseer and then Field Service Overseer as well (now too old for a position of oversight).

We were in a doctor's waiting room and talked about so much-- All just casual catching up. He said I seemed so much more relaxed. I agreed and said it was so much easier not believing my family was going to die at Armegeddon any day. If anyone knew about my letter of resignation, it would have been him. No mention of it or any announcement!

Gone for Good:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/436340001/matter-conscience-am-resigning-from-christian-congregation-jehovahs-witnesses

• steve2
    steve2

Make a written, dated statement of your free-will choice to have abandoned the JW religion - secure this document with a friend -a trusted friend (not the JW kind). This document is your proof of having exercised your right to freedom of religion - a right guaranteed you by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 18.

Not a good idea to leave your dated, signed statement with a trusted friend. It is hardly likely to carry any legal weight.

If you must sign a document, get its contents verified paragraph-by-paragraph and co-signed by a current Justice of the Peace or a registered legal professional.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Phizzy-

a.)Member (wrongdoer) = "JC" = disfellowshipping = this shunning is legal as membership = subjection.to church

b.)Prior exercise of legal right to quit = instant nonmember = (ecclesiastical?!!) committee = (eccleastical?!!) announcement = (eclesiastically enforced?!!) shunning by even family and loved ones

Do you see whats legally wrong in the second equation? (Hint) - it's calculated, directed, targetted and enforced ECCLESIASTICAL INTERFERENCE for a NON-MEMBERS entire remaining lifetime!

This is enforced persecution of an individual by a religion that invented the hateful doctrine just a few decades ago. It is NOT Freedom of or freedom from religion as the Human rights laws intend.

One of Regina Spiess' exonerated criticisms of JWs is that they collude to force member individuals to forfeit their own rights to religious freedom by coercing them to deny those same rights to others. - thus, the entire process is a violation of everyones' rights, not just for those shunned but those who must shun to avoid the same mistreatment.

This salient point is that JWs instruct and practice organizational persecution of citizens who have legally gained a chosen religious freedom guaranteed by their states laws. Info Sekt

If you have already Quit Quietly (while in good standing BTW) and have the documents to prove that you are not a member, you are in good stead to continue to visit the hall, to fraternize with loved ones.

The idea to quit quietly was to protect those who wished to continue to attend for family, but feared if/when their fade went badly they would be 'apostacised' and DF'd.

Being an actual, documented nonmember relegates you from ecclesiaical target to "sorry- just a visitor" status.

Info Sekta has offered assistance to future prosecutors of WT on the basis of WT having violated the rights for violating the rights of blameless individuals.

I imagine this issue will become far more damaging than even the CSA as far more people have been victims and the WT has already lost so so much credibility.- and their still doing it!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GONE FOR GOOD:

How funny that you mention something called “sorry - just a visitor” status.

I never realized that was what I Ultimately ended up really wanting in the JW religion! Just plain old ‘leave me alone’ - like in a regular church. You’re a guest when you go to a regular church. I know because I was raised Catholic..You are not a ‘target’ like you are in the JW religion. They are looking for women to do favors and they thought a single woman with no relatives there was a perfect target.

They never laid all their cards on the table. I never agreed to this (among other things) and wasn’t having any of it..These people criticized me for having a full time job but had the audacity to think they were going to ask me to do favors!!

Without thinking too much on it or giving anything labels, I made sure I stayed on the fringes of the congregation until the time was right to make my Exit....The 1995 teaching on Generation was the catalyst for me leaving...It was All Over as far as I was concerned.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

"protections of the nuclear family is a violation of basic Human Rights".

The thing is, the nuclear family usually consists of Father, mother and children all living in the same household. Once the children leave home, they set up their own "nuclear" family by getting married and raising children. JWs do not shun members of the nuclear family, i.e. if a member of the family lives in the same household, they will not be shunned. Husband and wife are not shunned, and neither are children who live at home.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Nitty Gritty -

Thanks for your input. (My response is really for lurking JWs)

Discard the term and notion of nuclear as defining what the term family might encompass.

Are not your old parents in another town still family?

Are young folks who moved away to their first job, or school or just relishing their own independence in a pad of their own or with new friends - are they not still family and deserving of every benefit, protection and comfort that families naturally extend among their members?

Only a demented cult could publish that disgusting video of the young lady trying to call her god-damaged parents and being intentionally ignored. The self-righteous male asshole pretending that the daily-text drivel is more important than his own daughters need for comfort. Meanwhile, little submissive female asshole imagines that destroying a young persons trust in their own parents is going to drive them straight back into the hateful arms of the same organization that coercively mandates this disgraceful reaction within its members families.

Truly a vomit inducing perversion of what family should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit