Quit Quietly now more than ever

by gone for good 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

The amazing exoneration of Info Sekta in Swiss Court has finally reinforced the proper way to exit an abusive cult.

NEVER write a letter of disassociation. - no need to invoke shepherding or judicial action from elders

Make a written, dated statement of your free-will choice to have abandoned the JW religion - secure this document with a friend -a trusted friend (not the JW kind). This document is your proof of having exercised your right to freedom of religion - a right guaranteed you by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 18.

As of the date on your document, you are free - it's that simple - all that baptism/ dedication/ service claptrap - gone!

You hold the winning card as the date on that document disqualifies you from judicial action since you are no longer a member and willing membership is a prerequisite to a life of JW abuse and manipulation.

Want to make a JW squirm? - ask them what they teach about freedom of religion. As the swiss Court judgment confirms JWs simply do not promote nor practice religious freedom.

I believe this will become the issue that undoes them - a modern legal/ethical concept that their primitive theocracy cannot accommodate

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    • a modern legal/ethical concept that their primitive theocracy cannot accommodate

I appreciated your post and agree that denying religious freedom will lead to their undoing. But I have to say that there is nothing modern about the question of their legality, nor anything primitive about their practices.

Deception is always wrong and indefensible especially when organized over the long term on the public. Deception has been around since the beginning and is alive and well today. Just turn on the news.

This is the real issue as I see it:

Most folks thought they were joining a Christian religion with the JW's. Later after answering 80 questions they find out that 1.) Jesus isn't even their Mediator and 2.) they have been taught to publicly deny the New Covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" (Mt. 26:27-28)

So, if this person, after finding out what was hidden from them (even after a year or more of study and answering 80 questions before baptism) seeks to join a more New Testament friendly church, they shouldn't have to say goodbye to their close family members forever for the false charge of apostasy. This is especially so since the convert was made during the employment of deception regarding these two common and important new testament themes.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is a baptism into the Jehovah`s witness religion valid from a christian standpoint ,as they do not baptise "in the name of the father the Son and the Holy spirit " Matt.:28:19.?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Love to know how it affects me. I wrote to GB - I have proof my letter was received by London Bethel (signed for) and tracking for the same letter sent to USA.

I by-passed the Service Desk by doing a password protected website for the GB with a personal request from me to correct their false teaching or show me where I was wrong, using scriptures. I said they had x3 month or else I would consider them to be in opposition to Jehovah.

This is one of the pages of my website.

http://olam30.co.uk/key/index.php

This is the way forward I gave them.

http://olam30.co.uk/key/d11_way_forward.php

I was called to a judicial twice but I did not attend. I made it clear to the elders on a number of occasions that the action they were taking against me was wrong and should be called off immediately. They ran rough-shod over me. I knew they would but I gave them fair warning to back up their trucks.

I also wrote about 50 individually addressed letters to members of the local congregations (those who had got to know me), and informed them what was happening to me.

Some of them shun me now but not all.

Since this we had to change our window cleaner. He was part of the judicial committee.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do not see the depositing of a dated, signed, witnessed Letter as wrong, or even not necessary, you may need it, if you never do, that is good.

It is still not a fool proof way of leaving, with no further action by Elders guaranteed. They can still claim, years later, that you Disassociated yourself, quite accurately, and then you have the Announcement, and the effect upon you is the same as if you had been DF'd.

But, who knows ? it may give you a number of options, especially one that would work even without the Letter, which is to say that if any Announcement is made, or any rumours spread, you will Sue the Elders for Defamation of Character, the threat, even if you are in fact in no position to Sue, may be enough to get them to back off.

I know of one guy who did this, an Elder told me had done it, and said " So there was nothing we could do".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Window cleaning Elder.. never heard of that. 😂😂😂

DD

• gone for good
    gone for good

Sea Breeze -

Thank you for agreeing "..that denying religious freedom will lead to their undoing."

Exercising rights by personal application moves a right from a mere possibility to the harsh reality of a legal contest.

This is where litigious fundamentalist religions will lose to the free will of "dropouts" as the Swiss Court refers to leavers.

A few small victories in local courts against local congregations and the WT goose will be cooked by precedent, and the floodgates will be opened.

This is exactly the reason that you will never hear the term "religious freedom" at a kingdom hall, mosque, LDS temple etc.

BTW, all religions are grounded in deception with the legal freedom granted for people to willfully subject themselves to whatever brand of nonsense they wish to fund or give ecclesiastical authority to.

No court cares about the truthfulness of what you choose to believe or not believe.

Folks like Anna Marina can waste their entire lives researching dates and events related to Nebuchadnezzar etc. but no court will ever care. Nor does the WT care as long as the tax-free donations keep coming.

Religion is the worlds oldest and most lucrative scam

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

People choose what they are interested in. I am not trying to win a court case.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So...

...are faders finding doing so easier...

...or harder?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Harder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit