Quit Quietly now more than ever

by gone for good 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

Sigfrid Mallozzi -

Notarizing is good as it makes the date of your emancipation indisputable.

After this date the elders no longer have ecclesiastic authority.

It is unnecessary (and unwise) to provide your reasons for your decision as to do so will provide a platform for elders discussion which you want no part of.

As their own publications state - you are welcome, sit where you like and, as human rights legislation states you can talk to whom you wish about whatever you wish.

No need to appear to be invisible- stand up for your rights.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    sit where you like and, as human rights legislation states you can talk to whom you wish about whatever you wish.

Excellent advice gone-for-good! Here's a suggested conversation using the Wt citations in the video I posted on the last page.

Hi Sister Jones! It's so good to see you today. Did you know that for publishers like you and me, the Watchtower teaches that :

1. Jehovah is not our father

2. Jesus is not our Mediator

3. We are not justified before God

Here are the quotes from the Wt. slave class. You can look up the teachings for yourself. How blessed we are to be feasting on this food that they are serving up at the proper time!

Look at this scripture in Hebrews 9:27 where it states clearly that every person will be judged after they die. Have you ever wondered why we have never heard this particular bible verse quoted at the Kingdom Hall before?

Well, it looks like the meeting is about to start. I better shut my mouth. Talk more later. Bye!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''sit where you like and, as human rights legislation states you can talk to whom you wish about whatever you wish.''

Actually, you don't owe anyone, anything!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We played the "stumbled" card when we had the opportunity. But I guess they were glad to see us go. A couple of calls from "friends". One visit from "new" elders. No longer do we even get a Memorial invitation.

We're just "waiting on Jehovah" to fix the "problems" we see.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Sea Breeze -

The topic was really started to suggest how people can escape from cults by exercising whatever human rights guarantees that are likely written right into their states' laws.

Please don't use this thread to preach from the same bag of crazy from which so many wish to escape.

I don't go to he hall to quibble over scripture, I go to see if my grandkids are still alive.

This information and encouragement to act courageously is aimed at the growing multitude who no longer care what crap a doomed cult preaches or practices. They just WANT OUT.

The internet is full of young people fed up with god-damaged parents inflicting their demented world views as a guide to their futures. The views of cartoon idiots like Losch, Lett and Morris are irrelevant in any modern young persons' quest for happiness or success.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Beth Sarim -

Beth said "Actually, you don't owe anyone, anything!"

What do you mean by this?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just meant, after what the Borg puts people through, you don't owe 'them anything'.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Religion is a voluntary undertaking - by remaining a member you willingly choose to be governed by its' internal laws

This is the reason courts of law refuse to overturn religious judgments against members - you volunteered for this crap with your baptism.

The Randy Wall vs Watchtower 2018 case in Canada is instructional - Supreme Court Canada case 37273

.Charter of Rights and Freedoms – Religious freedom – Freedom of Association – Courts – Jurisdiction – Judicial review – How do the fundamental freedoms of religion and association protect membership decisions of religious communities and other voluntary associations from state and judicial interference – What are the boundaries between what is and is not justiciable with regard to membership and other disputes between members of voluntary associations – Whether the public law remedy of judicial review applies to membership decisions made by voluntary associations such as religious communities?

Mr. Wall was a member of the Highwood Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, an unincorporated religious association. He was disfellowshipped by a Judicial Committee of elders because he was not sufficiently repentant for two incidents of drunkenness, one of which included verbal abuse of his wife. This required Jehovah’s Witnesses, including his wife and children, to shun him. He is a real estate agent and lost congregation members and other Jehovah’s Witnesses as clients. He appealed to an Appeal Committee which upheld the disfellowship decision. The Watch Tower and Bible Tract Society of Canada decided not to overturn the decision. Mr. Wall applied for judicial review. Wilson J. conducted a hearing to determine whether the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta had jurisdiction to hear the application.

The supreme court refused to even do the judicial review of the lower court ruling.

What one single factor cruciified Mr. Wall? Membership in a religious organization that does hateful things.

Read lines 3 and 4 in the case overview -

What are the boundaries between what is and is not justiciable with regard to membership and other disputes between members of voluntary associations.

The word justiciable means (a state or action) subject to trial in a court of law.

If Mr. Wall had quit quietly sometime prior to his troubles, the elders would have not been able to take ecclesiastical action against him as a non-member. He may have been shunned by individuals for his conduct but he could not have been disfellowshipped.

To take ecclesiastic action against non-members would violate that persons freedom of religion - an action that could be tried in court.

Elders cannot imply that a nonmember is apostate as they don't know what you do or don't believe because they no longer have any right to grill a non-member - nor should you tell them if they ask - nothing- they are no longer your elders.

For them to even encourage others to shun a non-member would certainly violate your new freedoms of religion and association - both justicial actions

Can you imagine the dissention this action could cause in a congregation - not knowing who had already claimed their freedom by private document and the absurd situation of those same people still freely associating with family and friends as simply regular 'visitors' to the hall? and the elders powerless to do anything lest they commit a justiciable action?

Happily, the same separation of state and religion that gives cults limitless powers over their membership also supports those who exercise their right to freedom of religion anytime anywhere, for any reason. One quarter of the US electoral population is now "unaffiliated" religiously. Many have happily escaped the JWs.

Quit quietly now and never worry about a judicial committee again

• gone for good
    gone for good

Beth Sarim-

Yes I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is why I suggest that people quit without a word. Let the cult learn too late what it means to be left powerless and on the wrong side of charges of human rights violations.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

gone for good

''Yes I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is why I suggest that people quit without a word. Let the cult learn too late what it means to be left powerless and on the wrong side of charges of human rights violations.''

If you read in Crisis of Conscience chapter 5 ''Tradition and Legalism''.

In 1978 there were 16 governing body members. You needed a two-thirds majority vote to change the policy of alternative military service to a conscience matter.

In November of that year, 11 out of the 16 members voted to change the policy. A two-thirds majority was attained. But no change. Why. Well, because after a brief intermission governing body member Lloyd Barry changed his mind. This destroyed the two-thirds majority on the matter. Subsequent votes on the matter took place. However, the one vote with the two-thirds majority lasted less than one hour. The policy remained and Witness men were required to refuse alternative military service and risk imprisonment. Most GB members didn't seem to disturbed about it and just felt as they were following policy. or rules.

Here is the thing. More and more and more employers now require a criminal records check when applying for a job. Good-luck getting a decent job with a criminal record. All because of some men on a GB in New York, who cannot make up their minds. Serious stuff. And, it has lasting lifelong implications on JW's lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit