Quit Quietly now more than ever

by gone for good 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Reading the above makes me wonder about membership.

If you join a pony club, there is a common understanding about what a pony is based on the word 'pony'. You are shown pictures of ponies and told what the club is like. When you join you see one or two ponies. But for the most part it's just empty buildings.

Later you find out this is not a pony club but a front for a criminal gang.

What did you join? A pony club or a criminal gang?

That is what membership of the Watchtower is like, you are conned into joining. Likely, the person giving you the Bible study is giving it in all sincerity. Probably, they don't know the Watchtower is a front for something unchristian.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was just thinking while re-reading this Thread, that it may be possible at first , even though you have a notarised letter, to not reveal this, but to use their own definition of what constitutes a " Member" ?

I seem to remember that if someone had not been in F.S or attended a Meeting for a good number of years, the org did not consider them to be "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" ?? if this is in Print (?), surely, if you fit the criteria, they cannot take any Ecclesiastical action against you ?

• gone for good
    gone for good

Phizzy -

Baptism implies lifelong membership.

Hence the insane drive by god-damaged parents to commit 10-year-olds to baptism. Elders will consider the only legitimate exemption is death.

Any future free-will changes to your religious beliefs, practices or association will inevitably be deemed as apostasy and disfellowship will ensue.

That brutality worked well for 2000 years but now, thanks to satans' wicked, evil governments - we have universal human rights which relegate religious belief and practice 100% to the voluntary control of the individual in the hope that religion might finally become a comfort and solace during lifes' tumult, and no longer be the blunt instrument of vicious cult enforcement.

Check out the tenets of satans gang here https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/tenets and compare them to the 'Thou Shalt Nots' of Moses or to the sad legacy of Jehovahs Witnesses (who foisted- 130 years of grief and hypocrisy upon modern folks who imagined they were doing the 'right thing').

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To escape the trap of baptism. And realize the TTATT later in life. And realize the elders and others are powerless over you, the feeling and realization must be breathtaking.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''if you fit the criteria, they cannot take any Ecclesiastical action against you ?''

It's ''loving'' action, against you actually.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The baptism which identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witness does not mean Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. By their own definition, Jesus Christ was the greatest witness that Jehovah is the true God. For Jehovah's Witnesses, the term is just an alternative way of saying Christian. The actual term in Isaiah was directed to those of the House of Jacob. Not London Bethel or 900 Red Mills Road, Wallkill.

And what is God's spirit directed organisation? Do they mean Holy Spirit? Yes. But the GB are apostate to God's Holy Spirity because they are liars.

A body is made up of organs. In that way a body is organised.

(1 Corinthians 12:19-27) . . .If they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now they are many members, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand: “I have no need of you”; or, again, the head [cannot say] to the feet: “I have no need of YOU.” .... 27 Now you are Christ’s body, and members individually.

So how has anyone every really been baptised into a media company with Caleb and Sophia cartoons?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    you will Sue the Elders for Defamation of Character, the threat, even if you are in fact in no position to Sue, may be enough to get them to back off.

the threat of suing usually just delays the inevitable since the elders will check with the Branch legal dept, but the end is usually the same, if the elders feel brave enough after legal says its up to the elders then the DF announcement is made

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Apostate says, " if the elders feel brave enough after legal says its up to the elders then the DF announcement is made"

It is Rare that elders feel brave enough facing a legal challenge.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

It worked for me. I made it clear in a letter (mailed with a cover letter by my lawyer) to the secretaries of both congregations I had been associated with that I was exercising my right to religious freedom and no longer wanted to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I made it clear that I was not dissociating myself and that if they announced my name from the platform, I would sue them all. I made it clear that no member of either congregation was to approach me at my home or work in any official capacity. Even elders will greet me in passing in public, but don't linger. I like it that way.

Now that both of my in-laws have passed, I might have a few words for the hypocrite elder that viscously turned on my son. Time will tell.

Diane

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

gone for good:

"That brutality worked well for 2000 years but now, thanks to satans' wicked, evil governments - we have universal human rights which relegate religious belief and practice 100% to the voluntary control of the individual in the hope that religion might finally become a comfort and solace during lifes' tumult, and no longer be the blunt instrument of vicious cult enforcement."

That puts it very nicely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit