Did Jesus pre exist? Yes or no?

by UnshackleTheChains 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

Christianity could never have spread so quickly in the first century given the impact he had made during his short life here on earth.

Couldnt the same thing be said about Mohammed ? the founder of Islam ? hasnt his sayings spread so quickly in his short life so that his followers, if not equal christianity in numbers may even surpass them ? They both are well over 1 Billion followers world wide .

And Mohammed came about 6 Centuries after Jesus Christ ,what does that tell you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm with NN, sorry the whole fable is ludicrous

• jhine
    jhine

Hi Unshackle , thank you for video which l have watched . Two things occurred to me immediately , how much he labours the point Lol and how he gives the IMPRESSION that this idea of Jesus existing eternally( pre- incarnation ) as the Son is a fairly new idea . He talks about Bibles written before the King James version use " it " instead of "him "

ln doing this Sir , l believe , Anthony ignores the teachings of the Early Church Fathers . Irenaeus , who died around 200 AD so lived not long after the Disciples wrote ,

" Now it has been clearly demonstrated that the Word which exists from the beginning with God , by WHOM all things were made , WHO was also present with the race of men at all times , this Word has in these last times according to the time appointed by the Father , been united to HIS own workmanship and has been made passable man . Therefore we can set aside the objection of them that say " lf he was born at that time it follows that Christ did not exist before then " For we have shown that the Son of God did not then begin to exist since HE existed with the Father always , but when HE was incarnate and made man He summed up in HIMSELF the long line of the human race , procuring for us salvation thus summarily , so that what we had lost in Adam , that is , the being in the image and likeness of God , that we should regain in Christ " Capitals mine .

So , yes , he makes a good argument which sounds logical , but l know that JWs can sound logical when they are talking to you at your door , however looking behind the cherry picked verse can reveal a more complicated situation . Saying that l am not sure that this is a deal breaker when it comes to Salvation - other views may be available at a church near you . We agree that Jesus is nor never was Michael , that the person of Jesus who lived on Earth has the fullness of Yahweh in Him .

The Bible says " so that just as sin reigned in death , so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord " That is the crux ( pun intended ) of the Gospel message .

Jan

• unsure
    unsure

No convincing evidence of Jesus outside of the Bible makes it hard for me to have faith in him.

I'll continue to pray to whatever is out there to give me faith if needed.

To believers, what evidence outside of the Bible help you have faith that Jesus existed?

• jhine
    jhine

http://www.uncover.org.uk/questions/whats-the-evidence-outside-the-bible-for-jesus-life-and-teaching/

This may prove interesting to you . Just Google " evidence for Jesus " or something like that .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Unsure - Please have a butchers at this thread.......................let me know your thoughts....and anyone else too....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/270471/can-you-prove-jesus-existed-outside-bible-called-evidence

• unsure
    unsure

@punkofnice

Just spot read it.

It does make it difficult to have 100% faith.

At most I can muster 50% faith.

I'm like you, I want to believe but there is so much confirming/debunking that needs to be done that it literally frustrates and depresses me.

I will never have the time and resources and ability to try to confirm or deny each argument for Jesus' existence.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Unsure - Yes. I'm with you, my friend.

A bloke I know has this saying, 'If god wants me, he knows where I am. Whether god exists or not, we can't do anything about it. Just live your life.'

After being raised as a jobo and exiting in my 50's, I won't get fooled again......you know, like that song by the Who.

• unsure
    unsure

@punkofnice

Thank you for that post.

Your acquaintance has it right.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did Jesus pre exist? Yes or no?

Anyone with a "Pre-Existing Jesus", won`t be covered by TrumpCare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit