schizophrenia .......sound like anybody you know?

by gumby 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Pot May Cause Depression, Schizophrenia

Why, that's just silly !! Whenever I start feeling depressed I just take a moment and remember that I AM THE QUEEN and suddenly I'm feeling much better !!

Amen!......nothin like a bowl to get your day started

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

uh, I mean "God"... I mean, ummm, "Missus" God... er, uh, Lady God?

How the heck ARE 'ya? How's the "fam"? Give them my love and the GREATEST of peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

"Mom" Shel

• kes152
    kes152

May you have peace!

Looking at the criteria for schizophrenia, it depends on the perception of each person and in itself is a relative definition. Those who hear the voice of the Son and the Father are not delusional because what they see and hear come from God, but the 'world' does not receive the witness we give no matter how many people tell them because they did the same to our Lord before us.

John 3:11, 12; John 3:32

They are not hallucinating because the things they see, hear, taste and smell are really there. They are just not physical.

I have not seen anyone who heard Holy Spirit and had 'bizarre' behavior unless something was coming (as in the case of Ezekiel, et. al.) that actually came true.

Speech and thoughts are not disorganized and there has been no social withdrawl, especially when Holy Spirit tells us to 'go forth' and make disiples and bear witness to the Christ and the free gift of holy spirit that anyone who is thirsting may come and drink.

• AGuest
    AGuest

dear kes152... for your kindness. You know that I will remember it. May JAH bless... to time indefinite... you and your entire household.

Your servant, "brother"... and fellow slave of... Christ,

SJ

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Shelby,

My, you do get yourself in predicaments, now don't you?

I ask YOU: what part of "don't open my threads if you don't want to read what I post because you don't/can't/won't agree with it" do you not understand? - Aguest

Which is precisely why I don't go into those types of threads. No offense meant - I just figure it's not for me......no big deal. If someone (or no one) else wants to read them? Fine. This is an open forum, not just for atheists.

I'm a devout "Don't know & don't care right now" person myself. But some of my family's decided to be devout christians and others devout atheists. I think "devout" is the keyword. Don't really care for "devout" if it infringes on my "don't care."

And I don't think you do - at least not regularily. You post, and if one doesn't want to answer back (or even read it) - one doesn't have to. Hell, I assume people do that all the time to my posts.

Take care - and you really are interesting in many aspects. I loved your account on attending the Memorials at the KH and "partaking of the emblems."

agnostic waiting - and proud of my non-stance

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Waiting! The greatest of love and peace to you! My heart is always "glad" to hear from you, truly!

My, you do get yourself in predicaments, now don't you?
    Well, Girl, you know how it is... "a girl's gotta do..." I understand your position entirely, I respect it... and I am grateful for it. It makes much more sense to me than many others'. I guess I am a loss to understand those who know pretty much where I'm going to be coming from, but for some reason seem unable to keep their finger from pressing "click." For SOME reason... it seems they just HAVE to "see what Shelby is saying now," even though they KNOW they won't like it... or agree with it. But to tell me to stop saying it, I don't get it. Wouldn't "intelligence" say "stop READING it?" And they say that I'm the... ummm... unstable one. Heck, I know what I believe and what I don't... what I like... and what I don't. Therefore, if I KNOW I don't like chocolate, can I blame others if I keep buying Hershey bars? And if I eat them, can I accuse others of cramming 'em down my throat? True, if I were a mere child and someone else was in control of what I ate, that's one thing. But if I am so "free"... and such freedom includes choosing what I eat... who is to blame? Earthling man... go figure.

I'm a devout "Don't know & don't care right now" person myself.
    I absolutely respect that. One reason is that a LOT of folks overlook that there were MANY religions besides Judaism at the time my Lord was on earth in the flesh. And yet, which one did he decry? Which one did he even mention? None. At that time, the Jews and Samaritans were "enemies" - although they had an similar initial belief system... at that time they had gone separate ways, with majorily different beliefs. Yet, while his disciples marveled, he not only spoke with a Samaritan woman and invited her AND the man she lived ("in sin") with... but also gave an parable where a SAMARITAN proved more righteous than the Jews. But folks overlook such things... because they PUT themselves in "shoes" that may not be directed at them... or fail to see themselves in those that are.
    But some of my family's decided to be devout christians and others devout atheists. I think "devout" is the keyword. Don't really care for "devout" if it infringes on my "don't care."
    I can understand that. But if you truly "don't care," then you wouldn't necessarily go embroiling yourself in subjects that address things about which you "don't care," yes? And that makes total sense. If you don't care, why bother? Yet, people who say they don't care (not you!) will open my threads... and then engage in discussions or make comments that belie that. Evidently, to SOME degree... they DO care. But... they don't LIKE it. Well, there are NUMEROUS subjects on this Board that I don't LIKE... and so, I just don't bother. I don't care enough about the subject to do so. If I post, it is because I DO care enough.

And I don't think you do - at least not regularily.
    "Infringe" on your "don't care"? Truly, I hope not, for that is not my intention at all. I am not here to "infringe" on anyone's anything. I am just a messenger, with a message for those who say they WANT to know. Why in the world those who DON'T want to know even bother to comment... is beyond me. Truly.
    You post, and if one doesn't want to answer back (or even read it) - one doesn't have to. Hell, I assume people do that all the time to my posts.
    You KNOW?!! Girlfriend, I was about to say that, well, maybe it' a "man" thang (I mean, everyone knows how thick-headed and mono-minded they can be - ) ... but that wouldn't be fair, would it, especially since the occasional "girl" puts in her $.02, too!

Take care - and you really are interesting in many aspects.
    You take care, too, dear Waiting! And, please, do not be afraid to comment. You are always kind and "wise", so as I said, I welcome it.
    I loved your account on attending the Memorials at the KH and "partaking of the emblems."

Man! Talk about folks "changing" while at the "table"!!! You would be AMAZED at how many folks literally TURN AROUND in their seats to gawk... as well as those who outright SNEER!! A.. ma..zing. So much for "brotherly love", eh? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

agnostic waiting - and proud of my non-stance
    Again, the greatest of peace to you AW... Your servant and a slave of Christ, Shelby
  • LDH
    LDH

Dannybear,

You always make me laugh!!!!! ((((((((HUG))))))))

And to you too, Shel.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit